BLADE RUNNER BLASTER Replica by DAIKI KOGYO / ELFIN KNIGHTS (Japan)

cratercritter

All plastic 'static' replica of the Blaster. By DAIKI KOGYO / 'ELFIN KNIGHTS Project' (Japan) .... Due in December 2014. <<< UPDATED
For about US$105 to $120 range, it's not bad.
Up for preorder on the Hobbylink Japan website and at the HOBBY SEARCH (Japan) website.
Probably will be sold elsewhere as well.
Cool for cosplay or just display.

LINK at the HobbylinkJapan website Preorder details >>>
1/1 Blaster Gun Prop Replica by Daiki Kogyo | HobbyLink Japan

LINK at the HOBBY SEARCH (Japan) website Preorder and details >>>
Takagi Style Blaster Gun (No moving ABS/PVC Ver.) (Completed) Daiki Kougyo

:devil
EDIT: December 2014
NOTE: Please read further...regarding members' received the final product in-hand....problems & issues with the quality and construction details.:eek

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BLADE RUNNER BLASTER Replica by DAIKI KOGYO (Japan)

Very cool. I make have to grab one of these since I don't quite have the funds for a tomenosuke or good kit at the moment.

Is this the same Elfin that has recast every garage kit on the planet?
Is this BR blaster a recast of someone like Coyle's work, you think? I'd hate to put money in the pocket of a recaster no matter how much I want one of these. More research is necessary, clearly. We need to know if this is a righteous piece. Luckily, there's time to find out...

Last edited:
It is going to sell well I reckon, and there is going to be heaps of buyers and heaps of interest in it. Not many blasters have the look & finish of this at the pretty cool price bracket offered.

It is not a recast of the Coyle Blaster(s). Although, it looks a lot like the Tom-PRO Blaster in many ways. It appears to be a quality made product. Even though it is all plastic...it is still quite an appealing rendition of the Blade Runner Blaster.

I hope it is mainly hollow....that way it would be easier to fill with a lead/resin mix to add extra weight.
But, then again...would be good to be solid, thick plastic for added strength.
:ninja

Elfin Knights Project is not the same as Elfin. Elfin Knights Project was started by one of the biggest Blade Runner blaster fans ever, Ryosuke Takagi. He has been making them out of scratch since the mid 80's, and was the first to pair up the Steyr SL and the Charter Arms Bulldog in 1989, a full 7-8 years before Rich Coyle and Phil Steinschneider did. He mostly made them as one offs for himself, but did produce a kit to go onto the Kanamaru airsoft CA Bulldog, with help of the Ever Smile Company in Japan. His resin "Worldcon" kit version of the gun came out in 2007, and the Tomenosuke's first gun came out in 2008. Richard Coyle has also confirmed that it is not based off of anything of his. Ryosuke Takagi may be the grandfather of the accurate replicas of this gun, and may have influences Phil S. to first look at the Charter Arms gun when Ryosuke Takagi's gun was published in the 1993 Hobby Japan Autumn EX magazine. This guy is the real thing, but he has always been a hobbyist first, and only produces short numbers of anything he makes to sell. It is possible he has teamed with Daiki Kogyo to make these in larger numbers to be sold primarily as a Cosplay gun. He is underselling anything in Japan at the moment. I would proudly own one of his replicas any day.

Andy

Thanks for clearing that up here Andy...my first thought was a Coyle or Tomenosuke recast but Rich said nope they have their own thing and you have now confirmed it ! Thanks! Cheers!!!

From the mobile office of Wolf Navarro

That's really nice and the price seems good. Except that here in the UK, as it looks 'a bit gunny' we won't be able to buy it. I imagine there'll be ways & means, but it'll mean paying way more than the £70+ that Y12000 converts to. You can probably double it and then some.
Also, those triggers are a worry. Someone on here posted that they always, always make them moveable due to friends picking them up and, "Hey, nice gun, is it the one from that movie abou-." SNAP! "Oops, sorry about that."

Otherwise, I'd love one. They're addictive and you just can't have too many.

Last edited:
Just saw this at Monsters in Motion:

Blade Runner 1:1 PKD Blaster-by Daiki Kogyo Blade Runner 1:1 PKD Blaster-by Daiki Kogyo [03BDK01] - $199.00 : Monsters in Motion, Movie, TV Collectibles, Model Hobby Kits, Action Figures, Monsters in Motion

03BDK01_BLASTER.jpg

03BDK01_BLASTER_01.jpg

03BDK01_BLASTER_02.jpg

03BDK01_BLASTER_03.jpg

03BDK01_BLASTER_04.jpg

Eh, personally I like redder-than-accurate grips as much as or more than accurate ones.

Thanks Andy for the background. I may grab one. It's certainly not an 'easy pass' in my book.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back