Greedo Blaster Discussion

Discussions have gone back and forth on whether there is a riser of any sort under the center tube up top. I'm in the school that there isn't, as the notch that the piston rod rests in on the real Ruger iron sight isn't that high up. I've seen people use a piece of t-track for a riser.

Below is one of the best pics I've seen.
greedo2.jpg

The picture came out a lot worse than I thought it would, but it is what it is.

I taped together a quick mock-up to show where I am about to be with my DT-12 Battlefront replica.

WP_20160606_001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That is looking pretty damn authentic. Good show.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Can someone post up the length of the missile sections? I'm chopping up some old X-acto knives for the arms

still need to find some tone arm connectors..

I like it, nice job!

Thanks! save for the missing greeblies on the mystery side I'm all done! (Had to add some screws where there aren't any on the missiles) I'm being wishy washy on painting it when we may never know the other side!

Hi guys !
I'll be soon making my own 3D model of the DT-12 for a print. Is the EA's Battlefront model "accurate" ? You can see the left and right side. I know that the left side is some kind of mystery..
Capture d’écran 2017-05-16 à 23.34.38.jpgCapture d’écran 2017-05-16 à 23.34.24.jpg
This is a GIF, click to open :
Gif - DT12.gif
I'll be using the Ruger MKIII model on GrabCad as base of the blaster.
I also like to pick every info on this blaster, to do an infography of it like Seth's infography on lightsabers, for the community.

There has been no verification of the accuracy of the gun from the Battlefront game. Like the models built here, it is likely a best artistic rendering.

i just wonder, if the rocket assembly from shapeways is positioned wrong?

there, all the holes of the stylus brush and the Mitchell Trans Rotors are on the same line.

but while the hole of the rotor is on the outside, the hole of the brush is on the top and bottom, right?

and btw, what hole of the rotor shows to the outside? it has a hole on each side but they are positioned different.

Sorry if this post is semi necro posting ....

I'm trying to expand my collection of less popular OT firearms. I've 3d printed the greedo blaster off thingiverse as a base Ruger, and am trying to,use found parts to finish it .
Right from the very start of this long thread , it seems the contributors have made one assumption .... that everyone already knows about the tomtit model parts .
So my question is ...what is this tomtit kit that supplied so many parts .... is it still available ? I'm assuming it's an aeroplane....so can we have a list of its used parts ?
Also, this late into the thread maybe a list of all the found parts identified so far ???
The bits that go on the very top which look like two aerial ends attached to a tube ...the 3d model has done a really good job of them ...but I'd like more accuracy if possible .
Thanks in advance guys. I'll post photos when I'm a tad further down the line.
I've ordered co-ax connectors from eBay already.

Reademodels.com for the Tomtit parts.
There was a link for the connectors IIRC in the thread.
I got my turntable disks from Elvis Trooper (somewhere on the web).
The turntable bars from ebay w/ the other bits that go the rods from Shapeways.

I'll have to search thru emails to find the exact places I got them from but this should get you started.

You can get prints of the imperial discs on Shapeways, too. If you can't find the almost unfindable turntable parts.

It's funny this thread was revived, because I took a couple new shots of my Greedo gun just yesterday.

I still need to add the barrel tip, and I feel like I could spend some more time adding finishing touches and light weathering to both of these blasters!

I really wish I had a real Margolin.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
f8b061eeb7bb48d574f80b09baf09f6a.jpg

98ecf2c409b0dee07b9ef1fdd8831dcf.jpg
71ba8c57cd6a874e90598279f0f5d264.jpg
0d2ae47fd6d9e077da0111dbd9f39cf8.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back