Anyone familiar with the garage kits for sale on Amazon?

Nopal

There are some solid resin kits for sale. Not sure of the pedigree or quality. Was looking specifically at the Samaritan and the J2. If they are suspected recasts, I'd like to know as well so not to enable that. Any info would be appreciated.

Amazon.com At a Glance: K&M's Stock

Well just from a laymans point of view. The box art reminds me of Arsenal models/Cool models which are know recasters. At least that's the feeling I got when I saw the box for the Farscape pulse pistol. I bought one years ago befrore I joined and didn't know what a recaster was.

41z7oRtF4uL.jpg

**EDIT**
$102.99 Shipped for a pulse pistol, bugger me that's a bit steep.

Well just from a laymans point of view. The box art reminds me of Arsenal models/Cool models which are know recasters. At least that's the feeling I got when I saw the box for the Farscape pulse pistol. I bought one years ago befrore I joined and didn't know what a recaster

**EDIT**
$102.99 Shipped for a pulse pistol, bugger me that's a bit steep.

Thanks for the info!

Huh, their River Song pistol kit seems to be based on a Nite Finder, rather than the Scout the original prop used. I have to wonder how inaccurate the kits I'm not familiar with are. . .

There's also something wrong with Mal's pistol from Firefly. It could be a bad photo, but it looks "skinny" like someone has stretched out a photo.

Since when are the Arsenal guys recasters?
I know Dan does his own work. He's currently doing a classic BSG communicator for us over at Blackstar, and I've seen his other stuff up close at G3.

Cool Models, on the other hand......well--they are recasts of Arsenal Models.

***Edit***
Disregard!
Got my wires crossed--was thinking about Alchemy Arms.
The GOOD guys.

Last edited:
Friend of mine got a. Korben Dallas blaster from them off of eBay. The guy is alright, there are ripples as if the pressure cast the resin and a mold that does was not degassed. Take some work but it will get there, though it's not screen accurate anyway.

They are all kits from Arsenal Model/Cool Models. They are recasters and their recasting quality is very poor with air bubbles and tearouts. Someone posted a photo of their Fifth Element taxi model showing the bubbles and lost detail. As I recall the paint wouldn't dry due to poorly mixed resin that didn't cure.
They have knowingly copied the work of several of your fellow RPF members to fatten their inventory.

I would ask everyone here to consider if they want to buy from a seller who has stolen sculpts from fellow RPF members.

Please do your research on why recasting is an abomination and people who do it are talentless hacks.

EXACTLY!!!!
Plus--do a forum search for Arsenal Models and Cool Models.
That's enough right there.
They are all kits from Arsenal Model/Cool Models. They are recasters and their recasting quality is very poor with air bubbles and tearouts. Someone posted a photo of their Fifth Element taxi model showing the bubbles and lost detail. As I recall the paint wouldn't dry due to poorly mixed resin that didn't cure.
They have knowingly copied the work of several of your fellow RPF members to fatten their inventory.

I would ask everyone here to consider if they want to buy from a seller who has stolen sculpts from fellow RPF members.

Please do your research on why recasting is an abomination and people who do it are talentless hacks.

Thanks again for all the info. I've read a few threads about recasting here I definitely wanted to make sure and avoid any of that. I know eBay is known to have a few recasters there but stumbled across these on Amazon and had no idea what to think.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back