Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

Steve told me today--that is the kit he took the part from.

... well that particular oilpan still lacks the extra BUMP on the back and 'droplet' on top though.

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Yoda6_zps9e7472de.jpg[/URL]

Again I mention ... Steve talked about and I quote : 'Oil sump pan from a 1/12 scale Monogram 1967 Corvette' ... so is there another model kit instead of that Coupe with a detached seperate oilpan perhaps?

Chaim

This is the part I'm guessing was cut off and added to the top. Then, a whole bunch of filling and sanding.
Switch_Part.jpg

I'd agree that the oilpan in this picture looks what we are seeking :

However it's not from the 1:12 Monogram '67 Corvette Coupe ??? which contains what I showed in the other previous pictures in red.

So where did these parts come from ... is what I'd like to know?

Chaim

The large block on the oilpan in this pic is too "square."
The one on the saber appears shorter--unless that was sanded to fit.
Steve said it was from the 3-in-1 Vette kit we all see listed with the 427 engine.

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/YodaOilpan_zps4d933a62.jpg[/URL]

However it's not from the 1:12 Monogram '67 Corvette Coupe ??? which contains what I showed in the other previous pictures in red.

Chaim

Last edited:

No, that pic i got it from a 1/25 kit on ebay
If it is the 67 vette and we have been told it is, the only way to mach its by making the top part shorter and square an to use another piece for the curve thing.
2gwuxk0.jpg

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/YodaOilpan_zps4d933a62.jpg[/URL]

Chaim

Okay ... finally so we should be looking for that 3-in-1 Corvette kit then ... send you a PM.

Chaim

Okay, here are the photos that Ed graciously sent me.
You'll see how he now has the Yoda saber displayed in the last few shots. THANKS, Ed!!!!

Let's call this the Yoda Visual Dictionary Deluxe:
YodasLightsaber-RealProp15.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp8.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp7.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp6.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp5.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp4.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp19.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp18.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp17.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp16.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp20.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp3.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp14.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp13.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp12.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp11.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp10.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp9.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp1.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp2.jpg

Not only is it really cool that Ed helped us out with this, but he's also part of our community--and came in and shared info and that awesome story on how this lightsaber was born.
Good stuff.

As far as the original topic, that oilpan--stand by.
You guys will soon have a source for that darn thing!

Wow ... that's incredible ... all those new reference pix ... thanks ... just one tiny remark ... the clamp should move up a little higher so that the additional created notch covers or touches that brass part or whatever you call it even more ... see picture :

Can't wait what you may have in store for us HermesBlackstar ... to be continued . . .

Chaim

Yes, it appears the clamp migrated back a bit....lol.
That's the pic Ed provided to the PoSW site. It's the same saber--look at the brass screw holding the shroud. Same slot gouge:

yodasab9.jpg

-------The Prequel Parts of Star Wars--------
Wow ... that's incredible ... all those new reference pix ... thanks ... just one tiny remark ... the clamp should move up a little higher so that the additional created notch covers or touches that brass part or whatever you call it even more ... see picture :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/yodasab9.jpg[/URL]

Can't wait what you may have in store for us HermesBlackstar ... to be continued . . .

Chaim

Okay, here's the obvious question.

Would there be intetest in a run of the oilpan?

If so, I can make it happen. I'll need to gauge interest before committing to that kit first, though.
This is NOT an official INT thread or post--just testing the water to see how many of you are needing an oilpan.

Yeah I'd be in... As long as price wasn't crazy.

If so, I can make it happen. I'll need to gauge interest before committing to that kit first, though.
This is NOT an official INT thread or post--just testing the water to see how many of you are needing an oilpan.

havent yet decided if im not going to go and buy the kit, but i would be in for 1, if price is not to high

Or, maybe I'll just do a 3D printed version. That'll be more cost effective for me, as I won't have to dump $50+ into a kit from eBay just for the oilpan and driveshaft plus mold/cast supplies.
I'd just have to design the file, upload to Shapeways and you all order direct.
Just tell me what you think is the best approach. ...

There are currently 17 of those Monogram 1:12 scale 1967 3-in-1 Corvette model kits on eBay. Have at it, folks!!!
They are not that rare. Just a little pricey due to the scale.
If you want the authentic part for your saber--that's the kit.
It's got the 427 engine.
Read this entire thread, please--it's filled with posts about that kit and pictures of kits on eBay--some posted by me back when this all started.
Use my advice about the drivetrain hump in you want--I still think that detail was "lost in the convetsation."
I've done everything I possibly can to help you identify it.
I'm moving on for now.
Mine will get finished later....once I regain intetest.

I did find my bag of PEM nuts. I have quite a few. I've had them for several years. I've had a few members ask about them in the past. I can afford a stamp. I'll not be visiting thid thread for awhile, so just shoot me a PM if you need one.

If I ever do cave in and buy that Vette kit--I WILL mold and cast the built and modified oilpan for you guys. I will, at that time post a FS thread in the JY with a very fair price--just to recoup the cost of the kit plus supplies to get it to you all.
Just not right now...sorry.

Good to hear the kit had been identified. I messaged Steve but he never responded.

Ed, those original saber pics are awesome, thank you so much for posting them.

Glad you like them. I'll try to get a few more up here for you guys (you can never have enough reference pics)
--Ed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back