Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Without being able to source the info, I believe it was a 2-56 x 1/2" Oval Head Machine Screw. Someone else can correct me.

Danny, I might have an extra, if i do its all yours.

Ill check tonight when I get home, if I don't have one I think speedracersX is right about the size

thank you guys! is that a metric thread? tom if you have a extra that would be great!

Ace hardware may have what you need. SAE is just our standard. Lowe's and home depot don't carry anything smaller than 6-32, though I may have seen some 4-40 there once before.

Edit: well, nevermind, looks like you found what you needed! I've never seen screws that small in a Lowe's before!

Ace hardware may have what you need. SAE is just our standard. Lowe's and home depot don't carry anything smaller than 6-32, though I may have seen some 4-40 there once before.

Edit: well, nevermind, looks like you found what you needed! I've never seen screws that small in a Lowe's before!

i have a ace up my street. funny lowes website says my local store carries a box of 39? i can hit them both on the way home tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Forgot to post some shots of my finished saber, thanks to a friend for the PEM nut and the replica Praco screw!

53537245044c70bd6f76d11981f0575d.jpg

1c6b422073dda76f12a7b535e45cf8d9.jpg

038960a1c112ceb1115c80648e8d6f03.jpg

06f94ac21a31b2769fc1874cdad48da2.jpg

7a355c66bab42ea1484f00e0ed5a2901.jpg

696d689c47fa94e4b50d68f8f3038c2a.jpg

For anyone who might be interested, I have an extra Yoda saber, sans Praco screw that I may be looking to get rid of. I'll post in the JY, this is just a heads up.

I went by my local Lowe's a little while ago, before they closed. The smallest they had were 4-40, and they were out of stock. This is even after the website said they had them at that particular Lowe's. Your results may vary, but the dude I talked to said that's something they'd have to order.

I'd recommend just hitting up your local Ace Hardware. I'm pretty sure they'll have them. I'm gonna check tomorrow.

I went by my local Lowe's a little while ago, before they closed. The smallest they had were 4-40, and they were out of stock. This is even after the website said they had them at that particular Lowe's. Your results may vary, but the dude I talked to said that's something they'd have to order.

I'd recommend just hitting up your local Ace Hardware. I'm pretty sure they'll have them. I'm gonna check tomorrow.

wow thanks man for checking for me! i appreciate that, the ace is much closer to me then lowes. its roughly 2 miles up the road. lowes is 2 towns over. im going to check it out tomorrow. i really appreciate you checking with your store. i honestly dont ever remember seeing anything smaller then 4-40 as well

I can also attest to Lowes not carrying that small of screw, I've picked up smaller screws like this at Menards. Beginning to favor them over Lowes nowadays...

Looking for a brass screw close to the original Praco? And I mean close? I used this in my Bolsey that I just finished and it is almost 100% spot on. No more mikumi motorcycle jet parts. You may want to take 1/32" off the diameter of the head and obviously probably shorten the threaded section a bit. (Only of you are making it into a functioning Yoda lightsaber like I did)

http://usaknifemaker.com/knife-hand...ring-bolt-male-1-4-dia-x-50-l-8-32-brass.html

Looking for a brass screw close to the original Praco? And I mean close? I used this in my Bolsey that I just finished and it is almost 100% spot on. No more mikumi motorcycle jet parts. You may want to take 1/32" off the diameter of the head and obviously probably shorten the threaded section a bit. (Only of you are making it into a functioning Yoda lightsaber like I did)

http://usaknifemaker.com/knife-hand...ring-bolt-male-1-4-dia-x-50-l-8-32-brass.html

Damn... looks way better than what I used on my bolsey. Ah well.... Nice find!

I looked for a long time for something better then the standard Japanese motorcycle part. When I found that and then had it in my hands I knew it was a homerun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back