Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

If rubber castings are to difficult ... you could always spray 'plasti dip' on top to get that rubber feel :)

Chaim

I did that with my previous grips and they come out with a texture that looks neat, but not correct at all.

So!

Where can I get a display like this? Anyone? yeah?

I've had little to no luck.

View attachment 456051

It looks kinda like these:
DisplayCase_zpsi6cau3df.jpg

When I was searching the acrylic tubes, I came across something else you might like.
Search "Doll Domes". There's one site that has quite a selection.

Yeah those ones look like they will be too short. Closest LOOK though.

needs to be 6 inches for Yoda...

Heh. There have gotta be bigger out there... the flat top is damn close to what ED 209 had his in...

@ halliwax ... Lamborghini Countach 500S in 1/16th scale for the front hubcabs ... other Lamborghinis in 1/16th scale could have the same ... just check before purchasing the pictures in post #110, #111 and #146 to compare :)

Chaim

@ halliwax ... Lamborghini Countach 500S in 1/16th scale for the front hubcabs ... other Lamborghinis in 1/16th scale could have the same ... just check before purchasing the pictures in post #110, #111 and #146 to compare :)

Chaim

Chaim you are the man!! Thanks buddy!

Those mukini jets jets looks really close. I was looking into these awhile back but never found any that were thinner like the original, see below. Do you think these could be machined down?

image.jpg

I just checked your build thread and I think I have the same ones that you used. Chaim had mentioned the 135c in post 11 of your thread, and I am pretty sure that is what I have.
The dimensions look the same as the one you have already installed.

View attachment 455529

- - - Updated - - -

Chaim, yes, thanks once again to you and other RPFers, I know how to deal with this Sithy blackness on the end cap.

Those mukini jets jets looks really close. I was looking into these awhile back but never found any that were thinner like the original, see below. Do you think these could be machined down?

View attachment 456628

I am going to check to see if these can be machines down. They appear to be brass (I think). I will ask an expert and post up the answer here.

I am going to check to see if these can be machines down. They appear to be brass (I think). I will ask an expert and post up the answer here.

i can guarantee you they are brass being carb jets, i play with them all the time ;)

Nice, looking forward to hearing what you find. As a temporary fix I got some brass screw on rivets, attached one to my dremel and ran it on some sandpaper to get the correct radius. It obviously does not have the hole in the middle so I guess it's ok for now.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ed Maggiani has been kind enough to take and offer up these helpful reference pics of the real Yoda Saber, particularly concerning the grips:
image.jpg, image.jpg, image.jpg, image.jpg,
image.jpg, image.jpg, image.jpg,

HUGE thanks to Ed for these images as well as for co-creating this awesome saber, which I deem very much in the same creative spirit as the OT sabers.

I got the 45D resin and black tint today. The black looks nice, but looks a bit more gray and rubbery in real. Hopefully it will look like that in the 45D. I also had some other things to cast up in the pressure pot so I decided to give the Lambo wheel another try.

DSC05431%202_zpsnxjme67r.jpg

This mold is driving me crazy. I cannot get a good casting out of it, even under pressure. This one looked good initially. I thought I finally had a 100% good cast until I was editing the pictures and I zoomed in. :cry

wheel_zpswjdvuvru.jpg

These are very good steps in the right direction. The oil pan looks great!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back