New pep TK: Master finished (page 4) mould finished.urethane cast (page5) armor WIP

hornetbcn

seeing the Toxxx, Terra1, and some other projects. I decided to star my own project.. i hope you enjoy it. Pepakura process (spacecowboy pep!!!)
pep1.jpgpep7.jpgpep8.jpgpep9.jpgpep2.jpgpep3.jpgpep4.jpgpep5.jpgpep6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pep finishpepfinish.jpgpep10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

fiberglassing process
resin2.jpgresin1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and... bondo process until this moment..

bondo6.jpgbondo1.jpgbondo2.jpgbondo3.jpgbondo4.jpgbondo5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New pepakura stormtrooper helmet

Nice to see another bucket in WIP!

Looking good so far

dont hate me!! hate terra1 and toxxx! they have perverted our minds!!

- - - Updated - - -

seriously... more bondo..more sand... i think it is milliput time

- - - Updated - - -

pic incoming

bondo7.jpglast (until now) bondo and sanding

- - - Updated - - -

now... i want to purchase milliput to modify right cheek (to match it with the left one)

Looking really smooth but I thing you must go ahead to loose the edges of the pepakura.

But your progress so far is really impressive!

im agree with you.. i see so many edges on the upper zone. but... did you correct this edges applying more bondo or with milliput

With more bondo....

Milliput was used for detailing some parts.

And it was no fun to sand the milliput because it clogs the sandpaper really quick!

Also, bondo is much cheaper than milliput....

And bondo cures much faster, but don't use too much hardener for your bondo because you will run in trouble that it is curing to fast!

no problem with bondo..i follow the supplier instruction ..and works fine to me (as fiberglass)

anyway...thx for the advice

i have just apply bondo on the more noticiable valleys (one advice... mark first then with a pen.).. bondo is drying...but the aspect of the helmet is much more round/smooth..and i have to sand yet!!! (thx toxxx!).

as i won't sand it until tomorrow i have done a spray primer test on a little zone of the bucket. Tomorrow when i start to sand i will see if the primer is the adecuate one.

i'm enjoying the process a lot. at this point i am starting to understand the process

more pics tomorrow

here we go
bondo8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bondo9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bondo10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

next friday i will start my christmas holydays, so i hope i can advance a lot on that period
All opinions are wellcomed!

Regards!

i dont know... i am not really using bondo... i m using one putty named p38...is a car putty

bondo and p38 are essentially the same thing the only difference between the two is the brand name. even though they are the same thing one company can't copy other company name.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back