silicon masks

RVR

Hello everybody on this beautiful forum,

For some months now i am searching information to make my own silicon masks. I saw dozens of youtube films but as i have no artistic background they seem to difficult for me... I found some information on the internet but far too little to start on my own unfortunately ...

What would i like to make?

I would like to make ordinary human silicon masks. Masks like you find some excellent examples on this forum or for example like the men attached to this post...

The "best case scenario" would be that there is an art academy in Belgium ( where i live ) where i could take classes but i don't find one...

Every help is mutch appreciated and i really hope that there is someone on this forum who can help me as it's my biggest dream to someday make my own silicon masks...

Thanks!

Attachments

• msh897-2_2.jpg
    msh897-2_2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 310
Not sure what kind of help you are looking for. If you want to make your own silicone masks, you must first be able to sculpt. Then, you would make a mold of it and cast it in silicone, usually Dragon Skin.

Not sure what kind of help you are looking for. If you want to make your own silicone masks, you must first be able to sculpt. Then, you would make a mold of it and cast it in silicone, usually Dragon Skin.

Hello Looch,

First of all, thanks for you reply! I was looking for some basic help, i guess everyone who ever began with making silicon masks had the same questions as i have and maybe they will have some usefull "tips and trics"?! Maybe the artistic classes i have to take ( if necessary ), maybe interesting websites and materials, things i have to look for, etc...

And one never knows, maybe there are some Belgians on this beautifull forum who can help me out in the future?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't recommend these DVD's enough. Compilation set - Creating Character Prosthetics in Silicone - Millennium FX. They will be the best investment you ever make for making silicone masks.

Hello pitchforknumb,

I have visited the website and looks very professional. Did you buy these Dvd's as a beginner in making silicon masks or did you have some experience...

Hello pitchforknumb,

I have visited the website and looks very professional. Did you buy these Dvd's as a beginner in making silicon masks or did you have some experience...

I was a total noob when I bought these DVD's. The good thing about these DVD's is they take you through every step, from creating the lifecast to sculpt on, to painting the final product. You should also check out stanwinstonschool.com. Lot's of video tutorials to help you along the way.

A bag of water based clay isn't expensive (if you can get it local... look for pottery supplies as well as art supplies) get a bag and a few tools and have a go, get a feel of pushing the clay around... you never know, you may have an aptitude for it. You will only learn by doing, and no matter how good you think your last sculpture was, your next will be a little better.

the key to any silicone mask ( especially a human disguise ) is the core ..to be specific ..the modified core. Most silicone mask companies ( my own, included) spend a lot of time and money developing these. They are essential to get the proper fit and maximize facial mechanics. Your sculptural and casting core is the most essential ( and often overlooked ) piece of the puzzle in silicone mask making. It is not as simple as sculpting on a lifecast. A huge mistake that i see made way too often ..a costly mistake that is learned after wasting expensive silicone

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back