Rick and Morty

I have to say this season has been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY darker than I anticipated. Though I thought the Citadel and the Mind blowers were excellent and strongly written on so many clever levels ,this weeks WTF moments made me gasp out my laughter in a kind of mild shock.
There have been some really pretty gruesome underlying concepts brought in and out to play here , but Beths personal "reveal" by the end just seemd so right, but damn, that box of "toys" was brilliant, it me laugh so hard I felt ill, particularly the talking flick knife. And that "execution" window scene was genius!!! Oh and that rif on "Species"
I've enjoyed this season and rewatched certain episodes countless times ( Pickle Rick!!!!!). But just what are they going to do next week !!!!

Next up :Star trek Discovery

Ooooooooooweeeeee!!!!!!!!
What a way to end the season! That was NOT the episode I thought we would get but I actually think it was the funniest !!!!!!
It was brilliantly unpredictable and clever. I really admire how they take old genre sci fi concepts and ideas and just turn them around into something new like the whole Beth clone thing and the shrink pill and White House scenes were near genius. I get that Rick IS a totally sociopathic Dr Who ,now I want an episode of Dr Who like Rick and Morty. What a great way to start the day!

I'm still not 100% sure the Beth we are seeing is actually our Beth. They've played that angle really well.

Great season son for sure...now 18 months before we get more, most likely.

I love the show, so just some personal observations......
The psychobabble was running a bit more this season for my taste is my only compliant.
I'd like to see it lean a notch or two back into more cosmic adventures next season.
Morty may be changing too much is small concern of mine, if he becomes another Rick you lose a pretty big entertaining dynamic
of how the characters play off each other.

Oh, and some opening credit scenes remain unseen in this season.
Was that intentional or are they eventually going to be seen in an episode at some point?

"Son you have a right to refuse that order. And I guarantee you're going to die if you touch me and there's no after life. Everything just goes black. Don't do it."

*touches Rick. Drops dead instantly*

I saw this at 1:00 am and laughed so hard my wife shot up in bed "WHAT WHAT?!?!"

What at a bunch of Morties.

The funny thing is that I suspected that Rick was trolling the audience with the whole sauce BS. I mean, he knows he's a character in a TV show and knows the audience would be stupid to fall for product placements, even if th products sucked. He even told Morty and Summer, "Think for yourselves, don't be sheep." Yet, the audience were sheep. I will admit, I bought some to try it out because I had suspected that it actually tasted terrible (which would have been funny as hell if it were and it would have proven Rick was trolling the audience). It wasn't bad. But it wasn't epic rant good either. XD

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back