Rick and Morty

Vivek

Master Member
There's something very familiar about Rick and Morty :). The new show on Adult Swim by Community creator Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland.

I liked the pilot and I am digging the bizarre sci-fi world and look of the show. It also reminded me a little of Calvin and Hobbes.

Rick and Morty: Watch the Pilot Now - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to dig it but it looks like a BTTF knockoff where they changed stuff just enough not to get sued. I really wish adult swim would spend money on better projects than stuff like this and their live action crap. Still i'll give it a try as i've been shocked before as i didn't think i'd like Adventure time either.

Many are calling this show Back to the Future on acid, seems about right :).

And I am digging the viral marketing for it. They have a similar listing on craigslist too.

11137601273_60956bda6f_o.jpg

And this spaceship can be seen at 23rd Street, Broadway in NYC. More Calvin and Hobbes vibe.

11137498195_36b336541e_o.jpg

Anyone else catch last night's episode? A ghost trap and NES cartridge made appearances at the very beginning. The show is growing on me slowly.

I have to admit i was caught off guard by the pedo jellybean and ending of the last episode, it was such a strange thing to have in a cartoon lol. I wish they'd make Adventure Time this mature, it'd be that much better.

I just started watching a few reruns from the first season, and I was hooked.

I haven't finished season 1 yet, but I watched the Season 2 premiere tonight and loved every second of it.

I pitched a series to a company in the states before watching this show... I wish I had seen it first, would have been less embarrassing for me.

But it COULD have been much much worse.

I was asked to pitch a follow up show to a series this company had already bought and were happy with. I met with my writing partner, and we sat to come up with some ideas.

HE wanted to make a parody of an existing property... and threw out the idea "Back to the future"... LUCKILY I axed that. I said our last show was a parody, so we should go for something not so obvious.

So we came up with this concept of two guys who are recruited to be intergalactic, time travelling, multi-dimensional bounty hunters. We wrote a pilot and handed it in.

My notes back were "we like it... but it's a little too 'Rick and Morty'... can we change it up a bit?"

I told them I had never seen Rick and Morty. I got home, downloaded and watched the entire first season in one shot.

Holy crap I love this show... and I IMMEDIATELY canned our show. Yes, we could change it up enough not to be compared, but at the same time, Rick and Morty is so good, I figured I don't want to play anywhere near that arena. It's just so friggin sharp.

And man that was a close one... if we had gone into that pitch meeting with my writing buddies first idea..."It's like Back to the future! but with dimensions! we call it 'Dick and Matty!'" man... embarrassing.

Can't wait to watch the new ep tonight.

I just ordered the first season on Blu Ray. I have only seen one or two episodes for that. I plan on watching them all in a couple of days once it arrives.

The one thing I like about the show is that events carry over to other episodes, it's not like most shows where something happens and is forgotten.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back