Luke rotj stunt lightsaber r2d2 version

Tarkin

Hey everyone!!

I would like to convert one of the EFX stunt lightsaber replicas into the one that we see in and that's about to shoot out of R2D2 in that scene in Return of the Jedi on the sail barge. Which resin stunt would I need to convert this from efx?? Would it be the "hero"stunt lightsaber replica that is for sale on Amazon and the Entertainment Earth website by EFX or would it be the efx V2 stunt lightsaber replica?? I noticed to that the one in R2D2 in that scene did not have that nipple coming out of the emitter. Thanks!! :)

Last edited:
The prop that shoots out of r2 was a resin casting of one of leftover sabers from anh. Similar to the v2. You can tell this because of the extra groove in the neck, which was not present on the hero prop of castings there of. So go with the v2.

So I'd buy one if the resin v2 sabers. Cut off the emitter nipple. Fill in the surface so it is nice and smooth and them repaint the whole thing in the colors of the hero. Silver all over, copper neck and black in between the grip ridges.

Dan

Hey Dan!

Thanks for your input on this. I wanted to ask should I instead of cutting the nipple part off, should I just sand it all the way down? How would sanding versus cutting it off be for material like resin??

Thanks!!

Hey Dan!

Thanks for your input on this. I wanted to ask should I instead of cutting the nipple part off, should I just sand it down? How would sanding versus cutting it off be for material like resin??

Thanks!!

There is a thread regarding this saber and the dispute of the one shown (on auction) as being accurate here:

http://www.therpf.com/f79/who-won-lightsaber-fired-r2-d2-15000us-2628/

The thing that's weird is that other images of the saber in the dome shows the groove on the neck as seen on the V2 and Stunt. The thread goes on to mention how many of these sabers were on hand to fire. I wonder if the sabers loaded and or fired had variations. From memory, don't we see a scene where the compartment opens and reveals the saber. The scene cuts away and comes back right? We then see r2 fire the saber. Could those two scenes have been a from a series of takes launching the various props? Can we assume all launching prop sabers were identical designs?

Sanding the nipple down would take for ever, and you'd still have to fill the emitter recess.

MJF-- The Elstree prop was a total fake. I have proved this, since the one that was shot out of R2 had the extra neck groove characteristic of the v2/shared stunt. Elstree just sold a casting of the hero prop, that is commonly available in the fan community as an original.

I thought as much which is why I started off the post by saying it was in dispute and why it was suspicious. It's also been discussed in another post Tarkin made earlier (not sure why a new thread was started instead of the old one getting moved) so a member already spoke about the auction's suspicious nature.

However being here for 14 years has taught me to be open to possibilities and try to avoid talking in absolutes. After all, people used to swear up and down that the obi A New Hope saber grip was from a motorcycle handlebar and the Luke grips were from military grade windshield wipers. So most of the time I. Situations like this, I try to provide as much info as possible so a person can decide on there own.

Can you really see the R2 Saber enough to see a Grove?

No offense AS, but anyone who says they have proved anything to anybody on the RPF, is delusional! hahahah

No slam to you, we are just a community of doubters!

Reason would say that if they had resin copies of the V2 in Arizona then the sabers launched from R2 was probably the V2.

The photo I thought I had was the one from the auction, which I forgot was probably fake.

I'll butt in and second what Anakin Starkiller said.

A member here was around for the Yuma shots....he has his birthdate in his user name 1970 something...anyways, he agreed that there were still control boxes on the props fired from the air cannon. Granted they were nothing like the V2's clamp and lever - but I have no clue as to whether they were detailed (like the hero) or simplistic (like the metal Yuma sail barge saber)

The EFX V2 would be spot on for the body - but you may have to change the control box. I have an extra resin cast of the detailed control box if you need/want.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back