Code 3? Code Zero? Code Red??

Hand Solo

Sr Member
ssmtierip.jpg

tie37ic.jpg

This is being offered on a particular website as a Studio Scale X-1. Compare this with pics of the Code 3 X-1. Note particularly the guns.

I leave it up to you, dear members, to decide if this is gawd or fraud. We all know the Code 3 TIE is NOT SS.

Here's another pic:

code3vadertiefighter2.jpg

TIE experts please weigh in. I'd not want anyone to be potentially taken in with what seems like a recast of a product that can go for 80 bucks on online auctions, only to be charged nearly 180 for what just might be a copy.

I report. You decide.

Looks fishy. Especially with no measurements provided. Also, "casters name kept private"? That's a little odd.
I'm gonna reserve my opinion until I see a better pic or two, and some better responses on SSM.
:confused

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(REL @ Feb 2 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1410797[/snapback]</div>
LOL. Where did these guy's come from?
[/b]

Ferenginar.

Soon they'll be selling each others' body parts on the open market.

Personally I don't think it's a recast, I think they repainted it to make it look like a primered master. :lol

The pattern maker that is involved with this kit has been sent an email from me asking for more pictures and proof of his build, furthermore he has been asked is it a code 3 recast or not. We are waiting for his reply.

Early in the week we had a different picture of it up on the site, we were asked bymany people could we get more pictures so then emailed the maker and he sent us the pic that was on our site and we posted it.

The master patterns were to be shipped to us on Monday, however if his reply is that he used a code 3 then we will make the announcement and not carry the item and move on.

Hand solo, I dont appreciate you lifting pictures off my site and reediting them I ask you to let us handle this situation and remove our picture from this thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(studioscale @ Feb 3 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]1410911[/snapback]</div>
The pattern maker that is involved with this kit has been sent an email from me asking for more pictures and proof of his build, furthermore he has been asked is it a code 3 recast or not. We are waiting for his reply.

Early in the week we had a different picture of it up on the site, we were asked bymany people could we get more pictures so then emailed the maker and he sent us the pic that was on our site and we posted it.

The master patterns were to be shipped to us on Monday, however if his reply is that he used a code 3 then we will make the announcement and not carry the item and move on.

Hand solo, I dont appreciate you lifting pictures off my site and reediting them I ask you to let us handle this situation and remove our picture from this thread.
[/b]

By your own admission the pics donÂ’t belong to you but instead to the so called pattern maker, no? IÂ’d say let the so called pattern maker come here and request Hand Solo to remove them.

I really hate the expression "I don't apreciate..." You hear it a lot in the work place, because folks are trying to be "nice" or PC. Who cares what is or isn't appreciated.? If you have a request or a demand, just state your friggin' peace (or is it piece?).

That being said, I DO appreciate it when fellow members lok out for each other in the face of possible fraudulent actions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EchoLeader @ Feb 3 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1410916[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(studioscale @ Feb 3 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]1410911[/snapback]

[/b]

By your own admission the pics donÂ’t belong to you but instead to the so called pattern maker, no? IÂ’d say let the so called pattern maker come here and request Hand Solo to remove them.
[/b][/quote]
Very true Rolando, the pic is not Dans call to take down,its the pattern makers, whoever that dirtbag is.

lee

I would like to ask the "pattern maker" if he was going to provide the gun shrouds with the kit, or if those had to be purchased seperately :D

:lol that was a good one. I like the disks that are in place so you cant see into the model. REL you are right on on this one.. Thats a repainted Code 3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(studioscale @ Feb 3 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]1410911[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

This is strange, suddenly there is a 'pattern maker', and all of this is his fault.
Yet studioscale claims to be knowledgeable about SSM, and this gets past him?
The Code-3 DVTF model that has been out for quite a while.
Something stinks.

Just for your info, Hand can do what ever wants with the pics. You posted them on the internet. From there it's free game. By asking him to remove the pic you only add to suspicion.

What are you trying to hide?

So far this thing went from a Studio Scale Replica with secretive pattern maker, producer and casting, to a "Non" Studio Scale Replica with certain people that I'm not naming defending its production which I'm beginning to feel that they're the ones producing it. To now. "POOF" its all the pattern makers fault, he made me do it.

Somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I also love the part......

Now available for preordering at www.studioscalemodeler.com is the non Studio Scale Dark Lord Fighter kit. There is a limited amount of only 20 preorders and once this run is full then the preordering option will be removed.

A special preorder price of $175.00

If we decide to continue this kit after preorders are shipped the kit price will go to $225.00 per kit.
This kit will begin shipping in 3 to 4 weeks after all 20 preorders are filled.
Check this site for the latest updates regarding how many kits have been purchased for this run.
If you are wanting one please go to the online store through the main site and place your preorder
Linda dear, if this is in the wrong place please put it in the correct spot, thanks.

To..........

we are working on the pics right now, i just got this info from the "boss" a little bit ago.

To..........

I`m sorry people that i could not provide you with all of the info you need, it isnt my model and it isnt up to me to provide you with that kind of info.
More pics to come, to get more details on this please go to studioscalemodeler.com

What happened to the "we"? All of a sudden when pressed, it's "I" can't do this or that.

I just don't like the double talk in order to make a sale.

Ferengi indeed.

The best part, no glue, no filing, no paint.
The hardest part is getting it out of the box.
And that is a bit of labor.

Oh yea, you save $75 dollars in the process.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atemylunch @ Feb 3 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1410995[/snapback]</div>
The best part, no glue, no filing, no paint.
The hardest part is getting it out of the box.
And that is a bit of labor. [/b]

It's gotta hurt.

Oh yea, you save $75 dollars in the process.
[/b]

Well, yeah. There IS that.

Oh... that pic that was requested to be moved? It's mine. You can see it's subtly different from the original, just like this product.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back