"Black Widow" Spiderman WIP

I Try to make sure that I don;t just post small updates, but fewer big ones. I may just keep more frequent, smaller updates, but here it is! For a while I couldn't progress too well because I ran out of embroidery thread, but I went to Michaels and bought more. Ive almost completely finished the right arm and am moving on to the left one soon. Problem is, my gray spray can isn't working so i can't do the muscle shading for the hamstrings, left arm, the right front lat, and the calves. This means I definitely cant progress by applying the puff paint.
Also, I made a little design choice. It's not significant, but I like it. What I did was use black matte puff paint for the two strips running down the body of the costume, inbetween the red embroidery lines. I also used matte paint in the red webs on the right arm,and when I use red webs on the legs I will do the same thing. This is only on the front and arms though, not the back. Can you tell?

http://i.imgur.com/jL2tfU4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HOgh8Nk.jpg

AAaaand, I finished the mask. I glued two velcro spots to the neck and mask so that they attached to eachother better. The costume neck would usually flip downwards, so the velcro corrects that. It also looks better when turning my head.

http://i.imgur.com/uvPv8yo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RQS2N3a.jpg

Now, I need to get this costume don't by April 4th. That's the main convention this costume will go for, and hopefully many more to come.

How's the visibility?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How's the visibility?

From the lenses? Just like wearing sunglasses. I can see very well. TJack does a good job, and i also used defogging agent.

This is utterly INCREDIBLE. I am beyond jealous.
I very much like the Superior costume design aspects.
Can't wait to see the completed costume.
And holy hell how did you get that ripped?

Well, gymnastics, general exercise, and nutrition. I appreciate the compliment, and the costume HAS to be done by April 4th, so you won't have to wait long. :p

Any updates?

Thanks for asking, Jaka. I've been holding off because I wanted to get more done, but sure.

I have made a lot of progress adding the stitching to the legs and puff painting them. So far I have to add muscle shading to the arm and the calves, so I cant go any further. (I will do that today though) This has also stopped me from adding the shoes too, since it would be hard to paint the legs of the costume with shoes attached to the feet.

lOveODS.jpg

iipTsEg.jpg

More on the stitching on the legs, uhh, its hard. It's difficult trying to make both sides symmetrical, for example, on the butt. The right side is further out than the left. Ill try to fix it by extending the left stitching part so it looks more even when I'm wearing it. I'm feeling pretty good about it so far, actually. A little less than three more weeks left until the convention. :D I'm very excited. When the costume is finished I will give one detailed runthrough on it. Thanks for looking.

*sheds tears*
Maaaaaaan I cant wait to see this suit in its entirety. You've made something original from scratch and it could really pass as a Spiderman suit from the comics! It's just so friggin' AMAZING MAN! *applaudes*

Thank you for your patience! School has been hectic and it's been hard to find time to properly present the costume and upload pictures, but here I am! I've also been waiting for more pictures of me to surface from the convention, (where many crazy shenanigans insued.) sadly, I learned that puff paint is probably the devil. My costume got so stretched out it's not even funny. Good thing I'm making ANOTHER one, using screen printing instead of puff paint. ;D (more on that another time.) Also, i had no idea until I saw the pictures of me, but my muscle detail is HORRENDOUS. It is way too bold and defined. And my legs are bad, but I digress. Here are the pictures from the con that I have received as of now.

This costume definitely looks better from a distance in a lower light setting.

U1gq4xa.png

6FzMn9S.jpg

rxjVdIM.png

wbaGSkX.jpg

VXJlC08.jpg

HuccBex.jpg

What I learned from making this costume:

1) Puff paint is really awful. I've always heard about how great it is, but I abhor it now. At least for spandex use.
2) If you feel that you need to apply more of something (ex. muscle detail) maybe you should slow down there and check yourself. You can always do more later.

Now, I will try to post a more in depth review of the costume as a whole, and am happy to answer all questions. Thanks for looking. :D

Dude. Horrendous is not a word I would use to describe your suit. It's a work of genius. Super impressive all around.

The white does seem to stand out really bad, but I think overall it looks really good. I've been waiting to see this badboy fully suited up. Looks awesome! Another project down, can't wait to see what your next suit is going to look like in the future.

Thank you very much. Yeah, I had no idea how bad it looked, b ut what is cool is that if I wanted I could get puff paint and rub it onto the muscle highlights to darken them.

Hey man I wrote a review talking about how this was your design on zentaii-zentaii I hope they take it down. Great job on your suit!!!

https://www.zentai-zentai.com/items_reviews_write.html?products_id=2739&action=process

Thanks, dude. :p before I found this website I had a brief history with them. Wrote a review on the generic zentai amazing spiderman suit hoping to get a free one. Now of course, I know they're bad. But it's whatever. I haven't seen a replica of this costume yet.

Thanks, dude. :p before I found this website I had a brief history with them. Wrote a review on the generic zentai amazing spiderman suit hoping to get a free one. Now of course, I know they're bad. But it's whatever. I haven't seen a replica of this costume yet.

That's good let's hope it stays that way!

-Aaron

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back