"Black Widow" Spiderman WIP

Did I mention that Ive been working on the mask?

UfIv4aA.jpg

c1XaUfC.jpg

Here's a downward view of the mask, so you can see how much I had to manipulate the curve on the frames. It was stressful.

heCpmCV.jpg

But this looks really, really good. Ill try to get better pictures,but honestly, I dont think I can quite capture the essence of the costume with my little ipod camera by myself. Looking in the mirror for the first time actually scared me. xD Also, I pushed the Spider in spiderman even further. I had an extra beat up lens, so what i did was cut six circles and glued them around the eyes. Theyre small, but I think its a nice touch. So far, T'm very excited.
The invisible zipper broke and took forever to fix. After I did, some lubricant I use for my clippers and a graphite pencil cleared it right up (While painting the back the acrylic got on the zipper, causing it to stick and be very hard to zip)

Ive also been painting the arms and the belt, but not enough to warrant pictures. Everything is going rather well though. I'm making good time.

Did I mention that Ive been working on the mask?

http://i.imgur.com/UfIv4aA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c1XaUfC.jpg

Here's a downward view of the mask, so you can see how much I had to manipulate the curve on the frames. It was stressful.

http://i.imgur.com/heCpmCV.jpg

But this looks really, really good. Ill try to get better pictures,but honestly, I dont think I can quite capture the essence of the costume with my little ipod camera by myself. Looking in the mirror for the first time actually scared me. xD Also, I pushed the Spider in spiderman even further. I had an extra beat up lens, so what i did was cut six circles and glued them around the eyes. Theyre small, but I think its a nice touch. So far, T'm very excited.
The invisible zipper broke and took forever to fix. After I did, some lubricant I use for my clippers and a graphite pencil cleared it right up (While painting the back the acrylic got on the zipper, causing it to stick and be very hard to zip)

Ive also been painting the arms and the belt, but not enough to warrant pictures. Everything is going rather well though. I'm making good time.
Hoooolllly CRUD!
That mask and the off-center lines are just perfect.

This is such an original idea. I've been following the thread for a while, but now (after seeing that mask progress), I'm really excited.
Great work!

first off your suits are insanely awesome. second off how much would you be selling your old suit and what are the measurements for it? third i'm seriously jealous of you and your ability to make great original spidey suits. these are even better than some of the suits you see in the comics. keep up the great work man!

wow! man that is insane!!!
I really love it! I have no idea how you can do all this puffpainting...absolutely great!

Aaalllriiiigght. Um, that's cool. Its only the baseline fabric I suppose. I'm pissed, but whatever. Definitely hope he doesn't find this forum. o.o Id like for there not to be some replica of this costume anywhere else.

man im sorry :/ dont worry about this though someone already commented saying that this was your creation and they replied saying that it was their custom suit obviously a lie. but ya sorry wish this didnt happen.

man im sorry :/ dont worry about this though someone already commented saying that this was your creation and they replied saying that it was their custom suit obviously a lie. but ya sorry wish this didnt happen.

They have a service where you can send in a drawing? I suppose technically he sent in a drawing, albeit based off of this. I'll facebook message him about that. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. xD I appreciate whoever that dude is that defended me.

Last edited:
They have a service where you can send in a drawing? I suppose technically he sent in a drawing, albeit based off of this. I'll facebook message him about that. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. xD

yes they do and good also true very true haha but ya man they kind of stole your work, even to the point of having split toes on the feet as well as zippers where you have it and its just so damn frustrating to see work like this get stolen and others get money for your hard work its so annoying..ughh if i could talk to that kid face to face mann he would regret giving them your work...

Yeah... they steal things all the time...

FOR EXXAMPLLLEEE:
Printing and Sewing Cost for Printing Order with Supplied Design

They stole the heck out of this muscle base and pattern for sure. Regardless of the fact that that's their submission page for custom orders.

I think one of the ways they gain the files is that people ask ZZ to custom print them and then ZZ turns around and offers the print themselves fully sewed and RTW....bleh

I searched through the sight and a found a bunch of "too similar to be NOT stolen" stuff.

:(

Last edited:
Re: "Black Widow" Spiderman WIP

Great job Iracel, lines are getting cleaner, along with your spider emblems. These lenses they look amazing!

I Try to make sure that I don;t just post small updates, but fewer big ones. I may just keep more frequent, smaller updates, but here it is! For a while I couldn't progress too well because I ran out of embroidery thread, but I went to Michaels and bought more. Ive almost completely finished the right arm and am moving on to the left one soon. Problem is, my gray spray can isn't working so i can't do the muscle shading for the hamstrings, left arm, the right front lat, and the calves. This means I definitely cant progress by applying the puff paint.
Also, I made a little design choice. It's not significant, but I like it. What I did was use black matte puff paint for the two strips running down the body of the costume, inbetween the red embroidery lines. I also used matte paint in the red webs on the right arm,and when I use red webs on the legs I will do the same thing. This is only on the front and arms though, not the back. Can you tell?

jL2tfU4.jpg

HOgh8Nk.jpg

AAaaand, I finished the mask. I glued two velcro spots to the neck and mask so that they attached to eachother better. The costume neck would usually flip downwards, so the velcro corrects that. It also looks better when turning my head.

uvPv8yo.jpg

RQS2N3a.jpg

Now, I need to get this costume don't by April 4th. That's the main convention this costume will go for, and hopefully many more to come.

I've made some good progress! The bottle of slick black puff paint bought had a huge nozzle for some reason, so what I did was cut a hole in a used up slick black paint bottle that has the small applicator tip. Then I poured all the puff paint from the new applicator bottle into the hole of this old one. After duct taping the bottle, everything was good. I finished painting the black part on the left side of the torso. Problem is, the hexagons are more narrow than the other ones on the rest of the body, but I don't think anyone will ultimately notice. I painted on the hamstrings, and am currently working on the embroidery for the legs. I have yet to start the right arm.

I ran into something cool. Before I tried to use iridescent paint and apply it onto the back spider with a brush. Buuut, I just so happened to stumble upon this in the basement.

2SteyGs.jpg

Spray on iridescent primer! I promptly tore off the spider from the back and sprayed it red and with the iridescence. After I got it to about the best it would look, I started to adhere it back onto the costume.

6ulzQYY.jpg

It looks good in low light situations, and is the best I'm going to get it.

Furthermore, I had a mess up on the waist, where the paint got severely smeared. So I'm using red paint to paint over the smear, and hopefully after a few coats it wont be that noticeable.

voViTnu.jpg

That's all for now. It's hard to keep constant progress between school, planning my future, standardized testing, and all the other teenage stuff. But the convention is coming up, so I gotta hurry.

This is utterly INCREDIBLE. I am beyond jealous.
I very much like the Superior costume design aspects.
Can't wait to see the completed costume.
And holy hell how did you get that ripped?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back