"Black Widow" Spiderman WIP

WOOOT!! How could I miss your thread:facepalm Well, excuses are in order: beautiful project you're doing here and your own design to boot! Keep up the good work, cannot wait to see it all finished.

I started the muscle painting thing with grey acrylic spray paint. Hows it look? Im afraid that it wont be apparent enough after I apply the black honeycomb pattern. I know Spidermans most defined parts are his obliques and his legs, so Im not stressing too much on everything else, But I want it to be more obvious.

JEC0Bzu.jpg

I think that level looks marvelous. It'll definitely still be apparent once you've applied the black raised details. Really excited to see more progress. :)

Ive been workin'. I glued my webshooters onto the costume. They look... Homemade. But whatever, I suppose. o.o I dont have great resources. Theyre pretty cool for what they are. The average person will think theyre great. xD

0k73dPU.jpg

And I have encountered yet another problem. The spider is cut out of silicone, and I painted on acrylic then layered it, but it just peels off. Idk if it will be fine after it dries, but it wont stay on. And I already attached them to the costume. Dx Im going to hope that they adhere better over night, but if not Ill have to attempt to peel the spider parts off the costume and find another method to paint it. I also did the back muscle. Doesnt have to be too realistic, since I will cover it up mostly.

4z0MiEJ.png

IKs08BW.jpg

Any tips on how to do the back spider? The paint wouldnt adhere to the silicone and the silicone wouldnt adhere to the fabric.

Last edited:
Loved the very unique design for Spidey. Can't wait to see the finished product. How do you do the shading with acrylic paint? Do you just paint it on or is their a method to it ? Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Oh man! I am digging this suit. I think after my ASM2 Suit is done I'm going to make a similar type of suit like the ones you've made but my own design. Great work man, looking forward to seeing the final piece.

That's looks incredible! Man, I have to say, you have the best spiderman suits I've ever seen! I can't put in words how amazing they are! Great job!

Loved the very unique design for Spidey. Can't wait to see the finished product. How do you do the shading with acrylic paint? Do you just paint it on or is their a method to it ? Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It's kinda like reverse shading, where Ill paint on the muscles, then that paint will blend in well after a first layer,but layer after layer the grey becomes more prominent.

Hey Guys! I got the tabi shoes that Im going to use for the costume, and I have to say, theyre pretty rad.

qus190W.jpg

I also finally finished the back spider.:D Now I just have to do the embroidery stitching and puff painting, then the back will be done. Working on the back has always been my favorite part. Nothing beats a shot of spiderman from behind in darkness, as the spider stands out in bright red. Ill spare you the details on how much trouble this gave me. xD Acrylic paint wont bond to urethane, so I had to buy house paint, which I then had to get an adult to accompany me for, because you have to be 18 to buy it. o.o At least from Home Depot. I also painted the shoes with this stuff too, since the soles are also rubber. Very useful for doing my spiderman tricks. xD

xdGQvnJ.jpg

ZVLkRMx.jpg

I also changed the webs on the costume from black to a metallic dark grey. They look much better in my opinion.

ms6kw1b.jpg

Aaaand, Ive been working on my spiderman poses. He always performs crazy, gymnastic like positions, so Ive been training to get ready to do that for the next convention, which is in April.

Ud2snwn.jpg

Thanks for the support, everyone.

My favorite WIP build right now.
You're a bit ahead of me on the physical aspect, which is nuts.
How the hell can you be under 18 and have that kind of physique already! haha
I've got a ways to catch up.
Digging the costume changes though!
Very interesting concept.

Well, now you're killing us more with the body you have:eek Super-cut and ready to don that fantastic costume of yours. Keep the excellent work and really eager to see the next set of pics:cool

It's amazing to see a spidey-suit built from scratch and like the others have said great job with your physique. I'm sure you're probably going to be one of the more convincing Spideys out there. Good luck with the rest of the build. I'm looking forward to it.

Wait, so let me get this straight, you're a teenager going to a regular high school, (not one for the gifted of course, say Xavier?) have a lean-as-hell body, and have sewn your own Spidey suits. *****, somebody is giving Andrew a run for his money. :lol

Updaaaaaayyyyaaateah. (Imagine thats me singing really well)

Some people compliment my freehand hexagon skills. most of those people are me, for I am my biggest fan. xD Seriously though, the back is almost done. School is really setting me back, which really sucks because I'm getting offers for costumes. I wish I could do them, since I do love working on them and I very much need money for driving school and just in general. On a kinda bothersome note, these little 12 year olds on facebook saw my costume featured on some spiderman/marvel/cosplay pages, and messaged me. On child in particular wanted me to make the exact same costume for some fan film of his. After I turned it down, because again, I barely even have time. Turns out he drew up my costume and sent the designs to China to get sewn. Uhh, this kinda bothers me, but I suppose imitation is the purest form of flattery.

Now, heres the back. Look at that form. Almost perfect hexagons. 9/10

jILsK7I.jpg

Then here's the back in its almost completion. It's always been my favorite part of the costume to do, as I've said. :D It looks unsymmetrical now, but when I put it on its much more symmetrical. That's all that matters.

MSzXpwm.jpg

On an unrelated note, I'm way too big for my old costume all of a sudden. o.o Guess I'm growing, which is good, cuz I'm too small for this current costume. I need to get taller by April, which is when it will debut. Looks like I'll have to finish making this blue, fix it up, then sell it. :O
(sorry for the bad quality. I took it rather quickly)

gD0LLVc.jpg

That hexagon job though! Bravo man. It's looking really good. Weird that someone is sending photos of your suit to China, I doubt they can get a somewhat match. Fan films on YouTube just use those zentai suits and what not or their own creations. Anyways, can't wait to see the finished project man. Looking forward to its completion.

Yeah, I really doubt that the twelve year old will be able to afford any decent replication of your suit. No worries.
On a side note, very impressive free hand once again. Loving this suit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back