Man of Steel suit

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After dealing with fiasco of the Eldonatty drama and finally got a refund, I've decided to purchase another suit. Got this off eBay and thankfully the glyph, body suit pieces and belt are removable. It makes a great foundation to build on. I'll need all new urethane pieces, a screen accurate glyph and I'm having a custom cape made. Here it is. Keep in mind it's being displayed on a 6'3 manny and the torso is long so no, the belt isn't in the wrong spot. :)

View attachment 257258
View attachment 257259
View attachment 257260
View attachment 257261
View attachment 257262

It's made from 4 way stretch Lycra with latex puff paint so it doesn't crack or break when stretched. Yes, the emblem sucks.

Reel

Last edited:
Oh yea, it's on a skinny manny, so don't mind the wrinkles. The color is actually pretty spot on in person. My iPhone doesn't do the color justice.

Reel

I saw this suit as well. I have to say the chain link pattern looks really sharp on this. As long as the emblem and everything else come off this will be a great build. Are you going to add a silver muscle suit of some sort under?

I saw this suit as well. I have to say the chain link pattern looks really sharp on this. As long as the emblem and everything else come off this will be a great build. Are you going to add a silver muscle suit of some sort under?

Since it's basically mannequin based, I'll paint the manny silver. I took the plung and bought this bad boy and yes, I'm removing everything leaving just the suit. I'll be adding more accurate pieces as I go. For a fraction of what I had paid someone else.

Reel

Just saw this on the bay as well. Glad things worked out in the end with the refund. Total bummer on the project, but as all things go, gotta move on...

On a related note, not too fond on the ethics of the builder of the MOS suit, B U T for the price point and build with the puff paint patterns, you cant beat it. On top, we have a builder that ACTUALLY delivers as promise, and in an orderly time frame. :thumbsup

I've sourced around for a full dye sub, stich up, and even screen printing with puff paint and it clears WAY over 4 bills.

If we get someone that nails the idea for under 2 bills, heck why not.

GL with the build! Keep us updated, would like to see this thing proper

:cool

that's a nice find. I was about to abandon my hopes and selling my shield, but you are on to something. Our hopes and dreams travel with you :D

reelprops, i have a friend that wants a superman suit, from the gist of this thread its a good suit, not sure if i should PM you or whatever but do you have info i could pass to him about how to acquire this suit? he is looking for a pretty good one he can dial in later.

i know there are rules and stuff about posting ebay stuff or what not on threads...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back