Doctor Who Robots of Death costume

Eyes Only

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't seen this anywhere. Does anybody make costumes or masks from the Tom Baker episodes "Robots of Death?"

ROBOTS4.jpg

This has been sitting around in my workshop for years. I'm not sure, there'd have to be a few people wanting them (maybe 5 or 6) or it'd be a bit on the expensive side to just make just one.

Any info on how the costume is made minus the mask?
There's a documentary in the ROD DVD extras that has some info about the costumes. The green fabric was shower curtain material that they quilted themselves. The ridges in the "hair" weren't sculpted -- they were part of how the clay looked out of the box and they just used it directly to save time.

Glad to see someone has a nice head cast! And would love more info or pics of the chest plate that Eyes Only received.

I have found some fabric that is going to fit the bill in my costume. It's a quilted duvet cover that is faux silk. I am also going to use a ribbed vinyl sheet with some silver tape attached with cloth gaffers tape to create the edge work. I attached some pics with the "bolly hand" pic being the original.image (1).jpgimage (2).jpgimage.jpgIMG_4542.JPG

The part that I'm struggling with is the wrist communicator. It looks like a small round disc with a hexagon with smaller stamped hexagons in it. That disc is mounted to some kind of buckle or ornate furniture mount or . . something. Any Ideas on what off-the-shelf stuff I cloud use to make one? Or should I just but the bullet and make one out of Sculpy or something else?robots communicator.pngrobots3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back