My Back to the Future collection [Real Guess jacket P48]

Emma, tell me more about your denim jacket! Where did you get the lining?

I've got a spare set of Madrid FLY wheels if you need them for your board.

Amazing collection!

That's awesome! Yeah I would love to have these! I'll pm you!

I bought the jacket off a friend, I asked him, but he told me he had it from a japanese friend of his x)
It could have been custom made I guess XD

frisbies_pies.jpg
What I would like is the frisbee plate xD

They come up occasionally on auction and collector sites for around $50, or you could try my approach ;)
(Dollar Store pie plate and spray-painted stick-on foam letters.

Regards,
Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

Attachments

• My_Frisbie.jpg
    My_Frisbie.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Yeah they are real Bruins and at my size :) but they are not the ones with the Nike under the sole ^^ I have tiny feet, I'm a 7US/7.5US (for men), and it's always quite complicated to find the right Bruins at this size :'(

I actually painted the swoosh for these ones, they were meant to be white, and it was a good opportunity to cover the Nike on the back too :p ^^

LOL, I did the same thing. I'd bought three different pairs of all-white Nike's so I'd have some practice ones. My first pair I used a Red Sharpie marker and it worked for most of the day, then it smeared all over the rest of the shoe; the next pair I used 3 coats of acrylic paint and taped off the surrounding leather, it works pretty well as long as I'm careful, but it is starting to chip/flake off; my next one I will use a gloss clear sealant coat on after painting.

I've thought about stick-on felt, or red duct tape, but really, if I knew how to stitch into leather, I'd remove the white one and use/make an actual red Swoosh.

Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

ElectroDFW Well you should have done like me, cover the part of the shoe you don't want to spray and use a red spray especially made for leather, would have been quicker xD!
I made 3 coats on these ones :) And it's actually pretty good :p It's a RED SCARLETT colour ^^

Otherwise... $50 for a plate??? I WANT ONE, but would be better if it was curved XD I'm obsessed with details xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic stuff, Emma. Where did you find (or did you make) the McFly BTTF2 red jacket?

We were 3 on it, I started it, a friend made me mold for the belt and cuffs, and another friend finished it by applying the right fabric and glueing the whole thing together x) It's more a girly version of the jacket though x)

I don't know if anybody was after it (there were a few "bidder") xD

But just won this item on ebay :p

$T2eC16dHJIYFHOfpyY+iBSJy4z3fhw~~60_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqZ,!qgFIbDgcQfOBSJy5Hi4m!~~60_12.JPG

It will sadden me a bit to take it appart to make the Marty senior watch xD It's like NIB :(

115372561.jpg

Do you guys have any ideas of what could be the black bits though ?

The closest band I found was this:

$T2eC16JHJIUFHHeCdRL-BSZsmf7UY!~~60_57.JPG

On the picture it looks to be less wider than this and more flat, but can't find anything :(

Last edited:
Way to take on the Marty senior watch!

The black bits remind me of cheap leather keychain fobs or zipper pulls. Like the kind you'd get at a dealership but with that grid material glued down in place of a logo.

Way to take on the Marty senior watch!

The black bits remind me of cheap leather keychain fobs or zipper pulls. Like the kind you'd get at a dealership but with that grid material glued down in place of a logo.

I'm not sure, it's hard to tell XD I think it might be metal though, but not sure what could be this grid material x)
Looks to be rubber maybe?

EDIT: I found this xDDDD

371966_mrp_fr_l.jpg

They cost only around $500 *sigh* xD

EDIT:

I could use this and paint it black maybe :x

$%28KGrHqZHJBwFHnPmRwlEBSC+PItCU!~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Could be resin copies from a master too. Maybe the underside of a mousepad?

Nice kicks! Very 2015. What are they?

Naaah, mousepads are really flat, there is a lot of depth I think :x it's more like pyramid studs to me x)

And they are sneakers from "Maison Martin Margiela" xD

I have a plate, it's really hard to find one, but of course it's not acurate, the "star" in the middle is missing, looks like a mercedes star... :lol

I have a plate, it's really hard to find one, but of course it's not acurate, the "star" in the middle is missing, looks like a mercedes star... :lol

That's exactly what I used as a pattern when I cut mine out of self-stick foam. I found a good pic of the Mercedes Logo online, made it an outline, then scaled it down (using MSpaint) to the size I needed to get it to fit in the middle of the letters. Next, I printed it, cut it out and traced it onto the foam, then cut that out, spray-painted it and applied it after the paint dried.

From the plates I've seen online though, it is actually part of the molding of the plate itself, and since they still exist, and we're talking about movie-studio-sequel budgets here, I wouldn't be surprised if they sprung for an actual antique Frisbie product.

Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

@ElectroDFW Well you should have done like me, cover the part of the shoe you don't want to spray and use a red spray especially made for leather, would have been quicker xD!
I made 3 coats on these ones :) And it's actually pretty good :p It's a RED SCARLETT colour ^^

Lol, that's why I still have a third pair. I will check out the leather spray paints. Thanks for the tip!

I'm obsessed with details xD

...I've noticed... ;)
(I'm obsessed with getting as close as I can within my price range)

Your Friend in Time,
--Electro--
aka The Other David

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, if you want to know, I think the brand of the spray was Magix Grison.

It's the same brand that I used to spray on the MP shoes x)

custom_nike_mag_by_emma_in_candyland-d5yi4o1.jpg

There is something you might want to try too, it's a Leather Colour Restorer, I didn't try this, but I'm pretty sure it would dye the leather red if you chose red xD! It's some sort of cream to apply and it dyes the leather it's awesome, It's what I have been using for my Eastpack bag!

Last edited:
The antique Frisbie Pie Plates haven't acurate fonts on it...

For me it looks like a pie plate with mercedes star in the middle and these russian bread letters

Bahlsen-ABC-Russisch-Brot.jpg

:lol

BTW: this is my plate:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back