License costs?

The number of replicas you produce is irrelevant to the cost of the license.

From what I've heard over the years from RPFers who 'hit it big' and started producing licensed replicas had to pay at least a few hundred thousand dollars for the rights, and some much, much more.

Depending on the Studio and franchise could go up to a Million easily.

Some advice from a former Licensee, The Studios and the Lawyers get their money first and you as the Licensee last. :lol

I may be wrong here, but I wondered how much would cost a license to produce an official prop replica? Maybe for 500 pieces?

Not sure what backround you have but they usually don't waist time playing with the little fishes, your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars and you don't get rich they do ;)

Gerardo

Last edited:
The number of replicas you produce is irrelevant to the cost of the license.

From what I've heard over the years from RPFers who 'hit it big' and started producing licensed replicas had to pay at least a few hundred thousand dollars for the rights, and some much, much more.

Ok thanks! But how comes a company releases a licensed bust with a 500 pieces edition and sell it for about USD 20.- or less each (wholesale)?
How can they get back their 100 thousands???

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back