Doctor Who - John Hurt version

the spartan

Who is making this? Where are you finding your items? Custom made - anyone taking commissions? Also, I know his version is beaten/worn look to it, but I was thinking of doing it in shades of blacks and dark tans etc... Do you think it will still be recognizable?

Thank you in advance!

I've not started this version, but from an amateur eye (mine), the coat appears to be a longer variant of the Ninth Doctor's jacket, ending mid-thigh. If you're going for a high-end version, you could ask for a longer measurement of Indy Magnoli's U-Boat jacket, based on the Ninth Doctor's jacket:
U-Boat Jacket by Magnoli Clothiers
Albeit with a few changes I've noticed. As I said, I'm only an amateur.

For example: the stitching at the front of the jacket is not the same, the buttons are shanked, and there are no straps on the cuffs.

I'm sure there's more differences, but we've yet to see the man in action.

No need to try and modify an existing design, if you want one... shoot me an e-mail and we'll make a new pattern from scratch.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

image.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

A few shots of The War Doctor for reference

More CAD of the Red gribble pls

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to build one for 11/23

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to build one for 11/23

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry stupid iPhone

I don't see what you mean? I'm looking at images of the Magnums side by side with The War Doctor and I cannot see any differences in the treads.

There's a picture of the bottom of the shoe on that site. It doesn't match up to the Doctor's foot prints in the sand. Very close, but not quite.

Let me get a reference photo uploaded, but in the mean time I can honestly state that the Doctor's footprints in the sand don't even closely match the tread that can be seen on those reference images of the Dcotor's shoe
bootcomparison.jpg

Last edited:
It's entirely possible the footprints are CGI, or were done at a different time. If they don't match the boots we see him wearing then that's anoying but 99% of viewers (i.e. everyone except the RPF) wouldn't notice the discrepancy.

They aren't CGI, as you can see where they tried to hide foot prints from previous takes. The lack of segments on the toe could be from the shoes being worn down in that area, but the larger number on the side couldn't be caused by that. Somebody suggested on the other forum that they might be an older discontinued model of the same boot, I think that might be the case.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back