Judge med kit with instruments

Ray48

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Lacking clear reference pictures this is the best I could do. I'm okay with the result, however imprecise.

Attachments

• 100_0660.JPG
    100_0660.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 994
  • 100_0649.JPG
    100_0649.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 492
Looks great!

The scissors on the bottom flap are EMT scissors. These are the closest in size and style that I've found:
Amazon.com: Shears; EMT 3.5" (Mini) by Rescue Essentials: Health & Personal Care

The other two items on the bottom flap appear to be single use syringes.

Thanks, everything is speculation at this point. At least one looks like stainless forceps to me. If it is that, I'm not likely to find those so I'd have to find reference pictures to come up with something close.That is the main problem, can't tell for sure. Thanks for the EMT scissors information. I'll consider those but I'd rather cut my wrists than deal with Amazon.

Last edited:
dredd2012-3105.jpg

There are no fantastic shots, but if you look at the two lower items on the right, the tops appear to be a transparent plastic, and you can make out the amber "nub" where the needle screws into the body.

For the EMT scissors, the shape of the grip is a dead giveaway. Check medical supply sites if you want to avoid Amazon, they aren't tough to find.

I tend to agree that these are probably plastic vials of some sort. I haven"t seen anything like them on any medical site although, as I said, it is still not clear enough for me to tell what I'm seeing.....heck, If I try hard enough, I can see elephants in clouds. Epi pens don't look like those, either. most preloaded syringes are different. All normal syringes don't resemble these either. Perhaps it would make as much sense that they are refill vials for the dispenser on the right that Dredd uses to .....whatever he does....disinfect, cleanse, coagulate, seal, heal, the wound before stapling it closed. Anyway, I have looked at the pic you posted and still can't clearly discern enough to be confident of what I would model to replicate these. I'd love to hear from a Dredd prop guy to know more than speculation, or if anyone has a picture of what you believe these are that exactly matches the partial picture displayed. In the broad scheme of things, this is pretty small potatoes, since you don't see them with the kit closed. We could all come to a concensis on what these really are, I suppose...still won't validate our observations. Anyway, I appreciate your efforts, and I have already sourced the scissors and ordered them at, thankfully , a lesser price than Amazon, and that includes shipping. Believe it of not, Amazon is located in my home town, but I don't find their system very friendly to buyers. Everyone else has a "proceed to check out" box to click on, but Amazon doesn't seem to have one. Nothing that says "pay now" and even typing that on the search line brought up zip. Just a pet peeve....if they want my business, act like it. I'm sure, with millions of sales a year, that others are pleased. I just don't want a tutorial to figure their system out. Whew! That feels better, thanks for letting me vent.:lol

Small potatoes is the truth.

I've been going back and forth on the lower flap items for months, eventually landing on "Eh... whatever".

I'm holding out hope we can actually locate the opening med pack prop at some point. I suspect there was only the one.

Exactly, and I'll bet it wandered off the set after shooting ended. If that is what happened, no one will make it available for viewing. If anyone has a connection to the prop makers, maybe they will reveal the secret. Incidentally, I searched several medical supply houses for various syringes of different brands and found even pre-loaded syringes are similar to standard disposable syringes, except they are packaged in tear open plastic bags or packages....nothing in a vial type package. I found one pre-loaded syringe that looked like a normal syringe on the needle end but had a very wide flared "flagged" end at the other. If it is indeed meant to be a syringe, it obviously came from the mind of the prop guy, which is possible since the three other pieces in the top half are fantasy items as well. Like, I don't know how the "suture staple gun" could work without a bottom piece to clinch the staples. The answer is that it probably couldn't but it is in the pack as a fantasy device none the less. I'm not losing sleep over it and should the info ever become available, it is an easy fix to put the new pieces under the elastic. I'm actually more concerned about the items in plain view in the picture. The middle item is so vague that I had to take a wild guess and simply fake it as best I could. If anyone has some high tech enhancement software they might be able to enhance the background contrast to reveal more details there. Any way, if we can't tell....neither can anyone else. Hey, I think that means I just created a new reality. At least my pictures were taken in daylight!:D

Interesting find. I agree, repainted it would seem to fill the bill. They must have thought it would look cool since , from a practical standpoint, it makes no sense as an actual device, since it is for drawing blood, mostly for diabetics. Well, that's the movie business....cool and obscure trumps reality every time. Thanks for sharing this, I'll check the price and see if it is worth the upgrade to my kit. By the way, you might have noticed my serial or model number labels are not exact. My label maker does not make light numbers on dark background, so I'm living with a negative image on those. Details, details...

Well,I contacted the manufacturer to inquire about obtaining just the Device....no lancets. The best online price was $45 but it included the unneeded lancet refills. I found other lancet devices for as little as 99 cents, so I figure that the device without the lancets couldn't be that pricey. I don't need 100 of those things. Bottom line is that this is like a promotional item and is available only on a limited basis at select retail outlets.....soooo, looks like a dead end for anything cheaper. Best bet would be if you could find a diabetic friend willing to try it and split the cost like 80/20. He gets a 20% discount and you get the device when he's done. How long before he's done depends on the number of times a day he tests his blood. For me, now that you located the item, I may be able to replicate it more closely. provided they didn't mod it other than paint.

I've just been watching the scene with the medkit over and over again and then realised I could use frame by frame advance. This is the picture that I just got that shows the frame that had the most of the plastic vials visible on it:

Snap_2013.12.01 08.09.02_018.png

You can see that these is something yellow or gold inside with a white tip on it.

There also seems to be some sort of red LED on the top of the top middle tool

Yeah, thanks, I used the same frame and it is posted in the RPF/Dredd gallery, as well. Still, without seeing the full frame, it is impossible to accurately replicate the items, vials, or whatever they are. No one has any better pictures to offer.We all agree that it is some type of vial with some yellow thing inside. Just that it isn't clear what it is exactly and you only see half of them. I still have to fix the top middle item and probably won't get to that very soon since no better info has come forward for me to complete the kit. It probably will in time when someone stumbles across a prop guy who equipped the original. I can't claim my kit is 100% anyway since I didn't have precise measurements and I elected to leave out the top brass hinge which I think was on the "hero" kit, although it probably was omitted from the stunt kits.

I came up with this for the syringes:

SDC11506-800.jpg

What did you use to make your suture device and the medical foam injector tool?

2ml and a 30g needle. I removed the actual needle itself for safety reasons and made the plastic cap but cutting the thread and the base walls off a 2ml Plastic Microcentrifuge Tube.

The scissors are ListerMate Bandage Scissors 5.5" in Hunter Green

Hey there. I'm new to the board here, and I've been reading through the Dredd props. In the bottom part of the medpack, those may be plastic ampules with a high twist-off tab, if we are sticking with current medical technology. The gold/yellow may actually be whatever the medical substance is within the ampule, rather than an actual needle. Or it could be the needle head for the ampule.

IDK, I'm just trying to find the pouch over all. Is this something that you had to fabricate? Looks great!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back