Custom Spider-Man/ Villain suits/ The Spider-Man Chronicles Photography Project

velazquezn36

So I'm currently attending Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois. For years I thought about making a fan film for Spider-Man, but as of right now that's not going to happen, even though I have everything I would need to make a perfect film. As of right now, I'm in the works of making a small photoshoot like a small storyline. I'm majoring in photography and I want to make like a little photo project that I can add to my portfolio, and right now I'm still asking for people to be a part of it and casted as more characters. I made an instagram page of it called The Spider-Man Chronicles, you should check it out. Small little fan project.

I'm currently making the Spider-Man suit out of an empty Raimi pattern, and adding my own webbing using puffpaint and trying to make the paint look more like webs than just puff paint, so I'm figuring out ways to make it look straight and clean, I still have to buy liquid latex to test that out and see how well that will turn out.

1380085_10202315124864040_2026227633_n.jpg1384048_10202464788085527_1980391104_n.jpg

I received my pattern after a while wait, since FOD told me they moved their company elsewhere and was going to be longer than planned.

1461887_10202527716698703_512794579_n.jpg960195_10202527716538699_1356132709_n.jpg

Still designing a back and front logo. I want it to differ from the movies logos both ASM, ASM2, Spider-Man 1,2,3. Somewhat trying to make a comic design of my own. It's been a long process since I've searched logos and saw that most of my ideas looked similar to others on google, so I'm still in the making.
these are 2 front logos I made, the one on the right looks too much like the ASM2 logo, so I kind of want to redo it.

1374212_10202305413101252_642529229_n.jpg

Then these are the back logos, I've been playing around and goofing off at the same time trying to see if something would pop up in my mind eventually. This is what I have so far.

1393820_10202305412821245_293354829_n.jpg

For both the back and front logos, I haven't decided if I want to use Puff Paint, like stencil the logo onto the suit and trace it, then puff paint it, or use urethane sheets and cut the logo out of it and place it onto the suit. Haven't decided it yet.

As for the zippers, I'm still debating whether to do the U-Zipper or the original up and down the back zipper. Still contemplating it.

For now I'm using TJACKS ASM2 lenses, the larger version. I'm trying to think of a way to make the lense itself different. I mean don't get me wrong, TJack lenses are amazing. I will make a separate mask using the original ones I purchased like the ones shown.

1385863_10202558402025817_1958042911_n.jpg1455937_10202558402465828_1650526490_n.jpg

What I plan on doing, is using this lense shown below, but instead of gold, a white lense, and have the honeycomb sticker be black, so the honeycomb stands out over the white. I thought it could be something different. I haven't asked TJack yet about if he could do something like that, so I figured why not give it a shot myself. Everyone on this site is capable of doing something themselves, so I thought let me give it a shot.

photo.jpg

So, wish me luck and god bless. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'd love to hear some feedback. This has been the third suit I've made. I used a Carl9149 ASM pattern, and sold it to fund another suit, then I used an Orhadar Ultimate Spider-Man pattern, and had the file sized too small, and sold that for my moneys worth back so I can redo it, and instead I decided to do this pattern. I'm pretty hopeful this pattern will turn out perfect and fit me once finished.

I've hung up this suit and bringing it back out. My Spider-Man Photography Project was put on hiatus due to an extremely large amount of people still being needed to play certain characters, and now it's underway again. I've gotten a larger amount of people committing to helping out, and I'm in the process of finishing the storyline. I'm basically making a live action comic book series on Spider-Man. Here's the banner I created (simple stuff until I get to a scanner) I plan on changing the spider logo on the photo since I found it on the internet and could be someone elses, I made my own but don't have a scanner to scan it and alter it in Photoshop.
Spidermanbanner2.jpg

As well as making this suit, I've decided to make a custom unique Venom, Punisher, Shocker, and Vulture costumes. It's going to be really interesting. Once I gather materials for the villains during the summer and during this semester at school it's going to rock once it's completely finish. I'd add the cast on here but I'm not sure if that's for the Entertainment part of this forum or what.

Last edited:
Re: Custom Spider-Man suit

I love the honeycomb on the lenses. Good luck on your build and will be looking forward for your SPider-man fan film. Will be watching this:thumbsup

Good luck! Sewing my costume has been a pain in the butt, but I've learned a lot for the next time and I'm still learning as the thing isn't complete yet. HA.

Good luck! Sewing my costume has been a pain in the butt, but I've learned a lot for the next time and I'm still learning as the thing isn't complete yet. HA.

Yeah, I saw your thread with orhadars print. I will hopefully invest in a sewing machine in the future when I'm financially stable and can afford one, and to learn how to sew. Good luck to you on the suit as well, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll learn eventually how to sew. I thought about doing it by hand myself, and I contact TrophyWife about her just installing a U zipper, since I have my suit at a seamstress now, but they've never done a u zip before and I didn't want to risk it, so I contacted trophywife.

I love the honeycomb on the lenses. Good luck on your build and will be looking forward for your SPider-man fan film. Will be watching this:thumbsup

Thanks! For it, I'm still looking for more actors, and actresses. I've been on a search for the perfect MJ and Gwen Stacy, so far I have almost all the villains, some x-men, some F4, and Avengers and a majority of the initial characters. I'm probably going to send out a thread to call all X-Men, and Fantastic Four, Spider-Man cosplayers, so I can finish this fan project, at least in the Chicagoland area and the South Suburbs in Oak Lawn, Hickory Hills, Palos Heights, Evergreen Park, and Burbank. I'm intertwining both Film, and Photography into it, so it's going to be an interesting project. Hopefully I can get a little trailer out by next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck my friend, may the webs be with you :p

Thank you kind sir! :D

Quick question, how would I apply the urethane spider on the suit? Would I have to stretch out the fabric completely and glue it on or just simply place it on? I was going to place the spider on first then start the webs.

I'd advise you to just pin it to secure, maybe a minimum amount of stretch but not much, that's how I did mine

I'd advise you to just pin it to secure, maybe a minimum amount of stretch but not much, that's how I did mine

Alrighty thanks! Now I have another question. I don't really want to use just puff paint, after I did a test on the fabric, it kind of just flattens, how could I make it more raised up for the webbing portions? I thought about using liquid latex but I just want to get a seconds thought from someone else.

the key here is to apply the puff paint thickly, since majority of the paint is absorbed by the fabric, paint onto it slowly and steadily with a thick line, you'll see how good it looks, I'd advice you to practise the technique befor attempting it on your fabric though

the key here is to apply the puff paint thickly, since majority of the paint is absorbed by the fabric, paint onto it slowly and steadily with a thick line, you'll see how good it looks, I'd advice you to practise the technique befor attempting it on your fabric though

Alright will do. Back to the spider emblem, should I make the webs first then place it on or place the spider emblem on first then paint the webs into it from the sides? Do you know how the Raimis were done? It looked as though they placed the spider on the webs after they were applied. Plus I'm probably going to go along with the technique Redtosuga was doing for his ASM2 suit pattern from orhadar. It looked legit. Thanks for getting back to me also, your help is going to come in handy so much.

No worries man :thumbsup

Well some people put it after all the webs are done, some put it before, it really is down to personal preference I guess. I'd do it before then carefully apply the webs, you'd have a greater adhesion surface with that technique, though you gotta be carefull not spilling any latex on the emblem

Has anyone made a Latex spider over their Spider-Man logo? Like on Orhadars ASM2 pattern, has anyone like puff painted it to give it that slight raise but maintained to keep the surface flat? I'm coming back to my old suit to make an emblem of a spider on the front. Did anyone do it before or after getting it sewn together?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back