Star Trek Nemesis Phaser II and Voyager Tricorder Resin Model Prop

nemesisr1

Hey everybody,
I'm going to be starting Star Trek cosplay soon and I came across a couple of prop model kits the Star Trek Nemesis phaser and Star Trek Voyager Tricorder kits, I was wondering if anybody has had any experience putting these props together and if they had any problems putting electronic kits inside of them.

Last edited:
Which kits do you have, by which I mean who made them?
Post some photos, you may get a few people chipping in when they see what you have and what stage you are at in the build up.

I don't have the kits yet, I saw them on Hanzoswords.com and I've been trying to figure out who makes them for the past few days. I'm gonna try to get some photos up of the boxes when I get home from work in hopes that somebody has worked with them before.

star-trek-voyager-tricorder-replica-prop-model-kit.jpg
This is what I'm thinking of getting for a Tricorder and I'm all set on the Nemesis Phaser for now

Isn't that a recast? You're better off buying the kits from stapleton13 and getting the electronics from gmprops. You will be well assured of quality if you get from these guys.

This is the same method I went. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the phaser from Stapelton. I haven't had a chance to mess with any of the electronics yet, but they look pretty good quality so far.

I have no idea who makes this, I've tried looking through the internet to find on maker but, nobody has any information on the manufacturer at all. The picture that I put up last night is a picture of the box that the prop comes in, so if these people are recasting it, then they're making it look like its a regular model that can be purchased at a hobby shop. I also went on to that arsenal models website that was mentioned, they don't have any pictures of any of their products up, apparently, they make everything to order.

Sorry to jump in, has any one bought from either arsenal models or the hanzoswords? They any good? And to clear it up which one is meant to be the recast? I don't wanna buy from them. :-/

Just to be safe, I'm just gonna buy from Stapleton13, his price on the tricorder is close to what I was going to end up paying anyway and I'm betting that his phaser kit is more than likely gonna end up looking better starting off than the one I was originally looking at!
Does anyone know if gmprops is still selling his electronic kits?

Thank you guys for all of your input! I've messaged Stapleton13 for a mark IX Tricorder and Nemesis Phaser as well as commented on gmprops about his electronic kits!
Thanks again!

Thank you guys for all of your input! I've messaged Stapleton13 for a mark IX Tricorder and Nemesis Phaser as well as commented on gmprops about his electronic kits!
Thanks again!

You can't go wrong with Stapelton and GMprops , the 2 best I know of for these kits :)

Does anyone know if gmprops kits are interactive at all, like, you can push buttons and they'll make noises or if you push certain buttons and the scanning sound will change or is it just, you open the tricorder and the lights and sounds come on and that's it?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back