JF Custom's Modded Dr. Fate Helmet

First of all . I want to say that JF custom has knowledge of this project. I asked him before making it.

Second I am not a 3d modeler. I didnt take the file into a 3d program. I simply unfolded in Pep Designer the file and re-arranged the parts into this... It was kinda hard since the file has the extra parts for the helmet on top of the helmet. IT IS NOT a profesional work it is a very sluggish work and in modding a file. So please take than in note before making any comments about it.

Now... My only problem with it it is The Eyes. JF told me that many have complained about the same issue. But since it is a paper work... Would it work if I shut the eyes space with extra cardstock and THEN cut the new eyes ?

Or....I was thinking to use red mirror lenses to cover the eyes. (kinda Smallville's Fate) Would it look bad for the eyes to be that separated ? Anyways Here are the pictures so let me know.

005.JPG

006.JPG

here you can see the separation from the eyes.
007.JPG

This is the "crest" which I completely modded so i could use on the helmet since It was designed to be made on Foam.
008.JPG

I added some flaps so it could be glued to one of the over layers.
009.JPG

I also added flaps to the upper side of the crest so it could be glued and have the "pointy" effect.
011.JPG

This is how it will look once finished. I still havent glued the crest since i dont know what to do with the eyes.
012.JPG

And finally this is me wearing the helmet So you guys could have an Idea on how the Eyes look.
015.JPG
Any help will be appreciated from this humble amateur :$

Would it work if I shut the eyes space with extra cardstock and THEN cut the new eyes ?
And finally this is me wearing the helmet So you guys could have an Idea on how the Eyes look.
View attachment 250650

Of course it will work. Shut the eyes so there's no eyes at all, then cut your new eyes where you want. I'm not sure there's any other way.
It's the same main issue with comics designs, suits are made for comics characters... they don't really have human proportions. And my model sucks a bit I must admit.

another thing you could do is to cut the eye holes a little larger, by cutting the angles at the front corners so they intersect and create a more angry look at the same time.

That seems like a good plan. The Dung0Beetle helmet's eyes are sharper at the edges, with a nearly straight upper. Sort of gives a more intense expression. I think that the eyes on the present suit need to be moved a bit closer together and possibly made a bit narrower.

But I love the shape of the rear of this pep. I've assembled a couple of Dung0Beetles Fate helmets now, and find that the crown is too narrow to be wearable. I've reshaped the mesh with Blender and have re-unfolded it for Designer, and am just figuring out the scale. Had to build almost a complete helmet before finding out it was too small. Good pep experience, though...

I just want to ask - is this pep file available for download or purchase? If it is, I would certainly be interested.

What I am gonna do is to cut the eyes and replace them with the DungObeetles fate Eyes. Lets see if it works :)

That seems like a good plan. The Dung0Beetle helmet's eyes are sharper at the edges, with a nearly straight upper. Sort of gives a more intense expression. I think that the eyes on the present suit need to be moved a bit closer together and possibly made a bit narrower.

But I love the shape of the rear of this pep. I've assembled a couple of Dung0Beetles Fate helmets now, and find that the crown is too narrow to be wearable. I've reshaped the mesh with Blender and have re-unfolded it for Designer, and am just figuring out the scale. Had to build almost a complete helmet before finding out it was too small. Good pep experience, though...

I just want to ask - is this pep file available for download or purchase? If it is, I would certainly be interested.

As I specified I am not a 3D modeler. What I did is that I unfolded the pep JF made and rearranged the pieces. IT IS A PAIN in the ass to mount. Yet it came out preety good. I can send you the file I made via Email, Send me the PM with it. Also The project is on hold due to the fear of messing the helmet. So What I am doing is basically analyzing what to do. It scares the hell out of me to mess this helmet cutting the eyes to replace it with others....So lets see how it goes. :)

One last thing I am planning to do is to simply put some red mirror lenses and leave them like they are.... Why ? because of the designs the helmet has.

I've been tinkering with this file and have redrawn the eyes and slightly resculpted and merged a few other vertices as well. I have unfolded it at 180mm width, the same as the original file. Haven't yet started to build it, but hopefully i'll get it done over the next few days.

Big thanks toJFcustom for generously allowing modifications to this file! :thumbsup

If it's OK by JFcustom, I'll upload the file onto 4shared, but not until he gives it the OK. Assuming that he's cool with it, I'll upload it as soon as I hear. If people cannot access 4shared, PM their email address to me after he gives it the green light.

Cheers, Phil

Hmmm - images not uploading - will try when I get home from work.

Well, I've started building the pep. Here's Nick K modelling it, trying his best to look broody and menacing...
Dr Nick K Fate.JPG
Hope to get some more done over the weekend. Looking forward to finally getting a Fate helmet completed after at least three attempts.

Looks nice! Hope to start rondo'ing mine in a day or two.

I see you've left the eyes 'open'. Are you going to cover them before the glassing? The reason I ask is that I've found I get a more even thickness by covering the eyes, rondo & fibreglassing right over them and then using the tab marks as guides when I cut the eyes out. Same with the ears.

Just curious. Really looking forward to seeing some progress shots of the fibreglass. :thumbsup

Hey all,
I know this thread is over 2 years old but I was wondering if the .pdo for the Blaxmyth's modified Dr. Fate helmet was up anywhere? When I click the link in this thread it tells me the file can't be found.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
~Comatosed1

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back