Norfolk Cthulhu idol WIP

Hovito loincloth

Yes, yet another idol version. I was trying to shy away from the usual octopus head fat guy with wings on a box schtick. So I went with double jointed limbs and wings that are semi integral with the arms. The head is asymmetric with multiple eyes and the plinth is (hopefully) a bit of a departure from the norm. It's slightly "non-euclidean" as HPL was always blithering about (and gibbous, another fave word of his). Still tweaking it so it's not finalised but I think it's hitting that man/dragon/octopus vibe quite well. :)

cthfnt.JPGcthfrt.JPGcthlhs.JPGcthrear.JPGcthrhs.JPG

Nice sculpt, I like your design a lot. How tall is it? Seems a bit small, I'm guessing maybe 6-7"?
Yeah the wee beastie is only 6" high so a couple of inches shy of the figurine in the story which was described as between 7 and 8 inches high. I did trawl through countless versions trying to get something original. If I have ripped anyone off it is purely unintentional!

Hi Hovito loincloth

I saw this amazing sculpt on Propnomicon 10 minutes ago, reach this post and register on the site only to enter in contact with you. I'm not familiar with the site and its policy, and don't even know if I have the right to ask you here this. But is it possible to afford a copy of this item? Cast in resin I think, or the way you want. But I will be really glad if I could obtain one !

Please let me know if something is possible, and how much it would cost... I'm waiting for your answer !

best regards from France!

Emmanuel

And here's version 2. I wanted the main figure to loom in to the viewer a shade more and to make it a bit more integral with the base. The head and base have been remodelled.
Now to get it cast up and play with finishes and weathering.

cth234rhs.jpg cth2front.jpgcth2rhs.jpgcth234rear.jpgcth2rear.jpgcth2lhs.jpgcth2341.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back