The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

Does anyone know the 'style' of hair Bucky has? It's for a wig so I can search for some. Anyone know where in the UK they can be purchased? Thanks.

Does anyone know the 'style' of hair Bucky has? It's for a wig so I can search for some. Anyone know where in the UK they can be purchased? Thanks.

If you're happy to do some styling, this is the wig I just purchased from Arda for my WS. Unfortunately it looks like it's out of stock at the mo, because of the sale. Alternatively, this wig looks like it could work too (it's also out of stock atm, sorry :/ might be helpful depending on when you need it for). It'd still need a bit of styling especially to get the centre part, but it's possibly a good place to start? If you're not comfortable cutting and styling wigs, hairdressers can do it for you too :)

768x1280_Lumia920-1020_WinterSoldier.jpg iPad_iOS7_Wallpaper_WinterSoldier.jpgCAWS_L2_Banner_NoGun.jpg Screenshot 1.jpgScreenshot 2.jpg
Hi-Res and Super Hi-Res, all of them. Hope it helps! :)

Ok, I am in the middle of my WS build and was about to start on the custom leg holsters and back holster. In looking at the pics of the back Skorpion holster on the costume I don't think that any of it is webbing of any kind. The straps look like leather over leather to me. Any other thoughts on it? I may just default to webbing over leather for the sake of cost and build ease.

I'm normally a Stark costumer, but man...I can't ignore Bucky anymore. I'm in! Feverishly gathering pics. Thanks for your work so far...Now...About that arm...

The closer I look at the mask, it appears you can mod some base with some foamy or rubber details for the nose as well as mask off the color pattern...But any clue as to the material?

Nice shots. The mask material (apart from the rubberized front) looks like thermal shirt material, no?
Maybe. Looks more rubber-ish to me.
Here's another look:
Set 1.jpg

Also, I managed to capture some really good hi-res suit shots from the 3rd TV Spot:
vlcsnap-2014-03-08-17h58m42s190.pngvlcsnap-2014-03-08-17h55m57s27.pngvlcsnap-2014-03-08-17h57m02s174.png

For my goggles I bought a cheap pair of tactic goggles on e-bay and sculpted on them with DAS clay, then applied some paint. Came out pretty decent.
The thing i really don't know how to make is the backpack-SMG-holder-thingy... Maybe thin foamboard pieces covered with some kind of cloth could work.

As for my mask, I made the base from plaster bandages and newspaper strips covered with glue, and then covered it with old socks (for the cloth-like parts) and craft foam (for the plastic-like parts). Hope it helps.

Maybe I'll Just upload my whole reference folder? Ah, fine.
Enjoy - I think I just have A LOT of helping content (along with some pics from this thread).

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can use for the Skorpion and the launcher? Here in Victoria (Australia) we have crazy strict firearms regulations and can't get anything that resembles a firearm. So, all of the prop/replica guns that are available (incl airsoft lol they're just outright banned in Aus) that could potentially be mistaken by the public can't be purchased here. Are there Nerf guns or...anything aside from scratch building (which I won't have time for) I can use instead?

I've actually been looking into wigs, your best bet IMO is to go to a local costume store. They have quite a lot of them in the $20-35 range. There you can try them on and see how you look. Better than buying online, IMO.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back