The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

I was thinking that too about the hair. Maybe it tucks in and goes over the mask part? His hair does look a little puffy.

Ok, here is some more stuff!

face1.JPGface2.JPG

Hip holster thing. Im thinking there is a piece that attaches to it.
lefthippiece.JPG

And this is just awesome:
awesome.JPG

I'm betting that his holsters and such get torn off as he makes it through the fight scene, either that or there are some really minimalist holsters being used.

Hah. I was thinking that too. The back piece that holds the sub-machine gun on his back has something like that too. There is a piece, and then it looks like it is missing on the set pics. I was thinking "Ok, its a set thing." But the scene with him pulling down Falcon, it is missing too. Maybe it does get ripped off, or he has the option of taking it off?

Makes sense. It's possible that all of the guns are fitted with adapters to let them just hang in place until he needs to pull them off. That would explain why the COP 357/Tec-38 holster looks as weird as it does in all of the pictures without the guns on them.

Though, we haven't seen him wield any of the pistols or the SMG, right? If we can get a look at those, we may see the adapters on the weapons - if they exist. It's entirely possible that there is one version of the holsters that have the guns as part of the holster (glued in place or something) and then something barely holding it on for scenes where he needs to draw them.

This guy is full of surprises.

Im trying to look for footage of him using his guns from the side to see if there are any clips or anything like that. I think they are clip on guns. It reminds me of covertec related stuff, like for lightsabers.
covertec.jpg
Like this. It snaps in place and release when the switches are pushed on the side. But for him, he doesnt have the side switches. So more than likely there are knobs on the handle used for this we cant see.

Also kind of weird, the side hip holsters are different. When he is on the Humvee and when he is fighting Cap on set, the right holsters seem different. They still have the grooves, but different. I think they look funky because of the hard material, I am assuming. And the left one more so because it looks like it is attached / sewn onto the pants, no straps.

And another thing...where are his ammo clips? I see no pouches other the one on his belt, but those cant fit any. Maybe the smaller ones.

He's got one extra 40mm grenade per side, and two tiny pouches on each side. No idea what could fit in there, probably gadgets. They're smaller than the 40mm grenades. He carries a lot of different guns, so he may not actually carry extra ammo. He may just El Duce it, and drop the guns when he runs out of ammo. That would explain the COP 357 and Tec-38, those are both a pain to reload.

Thought this might be helpful! They're releasing a cardboard standup of Winter Soldier, and the detailing is pretty darn good on it.
View attachment 282991

You beat me to the punch, I was just about to post that up :D

Im working on making the side holsters right now and I was drawing up some sketches before I start to fabricate them. It looks like there are slots similar to each side where I think those knobs are coming into factor. I came up with this jpeg, please pardon my horrible editing skills -__- , but its a side by side with the holsters without the guns attached. Also something interesting, there are small rectangles on the side of them, too. Two on the right, one on the left. You can see the same thing on the back piece as well when the gun is removed. No idea what those are for. Some kind of magnets maybe?

hoslters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That sole is spot on. But the rest of the boot....my goodness they seriously modified it. It looks like the only thing they kept was the sole. Im going to try to get some good screen shots when I get home from work and look for some different views so we can see what exactly is different. That cardboard stand up image is a pretty good reference of it. Im wondering maybe they took from different boots, other than just one?

Awesome job by the way! That was quite a search.

That sole is spot on. But the rest of the boot....my goodness they seriously modified it. It looks like the only thing they kept was the sole.

Don't forget, you're talking about the same design team that took these:

BAh7CWkKIgo2MDB4MGkLbCsHBEV9UGkHaQtpCGkCv2M.jpg

And turned them into these:

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 11.53.42 PM.png

Im wondering maybe they took from different boots, other than just one?

Cap's Avengers boots really only used the soles, so I'd think the same thing is true of TWS' footwear. I'd say your best bet is to start patterning because I would put money on these being 100% custom above the soles.

-Nick

I know it's just a poster, but seeing TWS holding yet another gun made me chuckle. I wonder if we get to see him using a Barrett in the film. I wouldn't be overly surpised at this point.

Edit:
Okay. I just took a closer look at the rifle. I'm pretty sure it has an M203 style underslung grenade launcher on it. This guy likes his explosions.

2nd Edit:
Wishful thinking on my part, looks like it was just the bipod for the rifle and not another grenade launcher.

12236899314_d6698cbba5_o.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back