topview.jpg

topview2.jpg

sideview.jpg

plates.jpg

bottomplate.jpg

plate2.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

just got a notice from UPS that the parts will be on my doorstep tomorrow. Looks like shapeways has seriously cut down their turn around time (ordered 4 days ago! used to waiting weeks...very exciting)

hmm, ok, so UPS jumped the gun when they told me the package would be delivered today. They emailed me a little while ago to say "oh wait, we don't even actually have the package from shapeways yet, we didn't know what we were talking about... sorry"

ah well.

Hey alright! they came only a day later! So Shapeways really has improved their turn around time.

Everything turned out great! For reference, each of the squares on the grid are 1/2"

IMG_6682%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_6687%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_6691%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_6692%5B1%5D.JPG

Wow, those parts look EPIC!

Hard to tell the difference between the CG mock-up & the physical parts.....

....I need to get a move on to get ready for those parts

John

Would I be hijacking the thread if I started to post my build? I don't want to intrude on the official duo build :unsure
I got 3 of those 'charger' plates, 3 for 2 in Tesco's (so £3 for the lot!)

tumblr_mwf9ivBGhg1sf4tb1o1_500.jpg

It's almost exactly the size as the MPC, the plate is just lower in this picture so it looks smaller

tumblr_mwf9ivBGhg1sf4tb1o2_1280.jpg

Thanks SofaKing.......I'm not sure about that!

I got more technical drawings from Stinson....WOW!!
.....which were more than I could ever imagine for measurements....so I had to scrap the foamex that I'd cut,....I could have modified the existing one, but I thought that since it was still early in the build, I'd better go back & re-do & un-do my mistakes.....so my next few images don't really look that different than my last post

NewCard3.jpg

Newcard2.jpg

Newcrd.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

Just a bit more done....I've been working at making my own Vac form box to duplicate (and replace) the top hull for use on the bottom hull, I've made one docking corridor to duplicate as I need 4 of them....same as the turret....2 needed.......heres a couple of images of where I'm at:

Mandibles3.jpg

Mandibles2.jpg

Thanks for looking and Seasons Greetings Friends

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back