Installing the visor, how?

Audie

I'm applying some sanding before I start adding primer. Now, I figure I'd stick a welding visor in, but the curve inside the helmet prevents the visor from keeping it's form straight and vertical. Basically, the visor tilts drastically outward. Now, how did you folks manage to keep it fit and straight? Sorry if there is a thread explaining this bit of the process already.
88f7bb3c28bb11e3ada322000a1fbcdb_7.jpg

Mine is held in with strong velcro pieces, and my helmet liner/spacers. One piece in the middle above the visor, one on either side.

Some pics from my thread, hope they help somewhat:

visor2_zpsd010dd41.jpg

visor4_zps7dd71a86.jpg

visor3_zps4eb359aa.jpg

alright, thanks! This is gonna save me a lot of trouble.

How did you get on? I had the same trouble with my visor sticking out like a ducks bll in the middle.

i managed to fluke it a few times and have it looking ace then when it was time to glue it just wouldn't sit right and i had to start over.

Got a motorbike visor in the house i'm hoping to tint and cut to fit.

I did the same as Gscadam, Used strong velcro. THis way I can easily re-seat the visor if it does not go in right, and replace it if this one gets messed up.

How did you get on? I had the same trouble with my visor sticking out like a ducks bll in the middle.

i managed to fluke it a few times and have it looking ace then when it was time to glue it just wouldn't sit right and i had to start over.

Got a motorbike visor in the house i'm hoping to tint and cut to fit.

I used velcro for my first custom build, and hot glue for my second helmet. I'll show you the interior once I have the chance to get home.

The first helmet I worked on had problems fitting the visor in properly. The problem was the forehead of the helmet was making the visor tilt forward.
Since the issue was with the forehead, I cut out that part of the visor so it wouldn't tilt and maintain vertical.
20140210_190304[1].jpg

Velcro was used on the visor just in case I botched something I could replace it easily.
20140210_190151[1].jpg

For the second helmet I sealed the visor with a hot glue gun. It can get messy but that depends on your craftsmanship. I prefer velcro because you can detach the padding and/or the visor for something better or when ever you need to adjust something to your helmet.

20140210_190953[1].jpg

20140210_191217[1].jpg

Niice. Thanks so much. I'd never have thought of cutting a bit out of the visor (mainly out of fear).

Will post pics when i fit mine. :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back