ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

I wonder if there's any way Wasili could pinpoint the axis of that large curve and plot it on a drawing of the side walls of the turret. Then we could mark it, or drill a tiny hole, in order to locate the pivot point of the guns. Would that help? I'm thinking otherwise it's trial and error.

Wasili? You out there? How about that idea of marking the pivot point of the guns to help people out?

Oi.

Me out here..

I'll check, but i think you can derive the pivotpoint from the parts already. Let me check my cad files, before i say something.

Cheers,
Wasili

you have the radius of the pivot point. cut out a circle same diameter and insert in there should give you a basic idea of the center.

That's a nice one, but here it may not apply. The centerline of the barrels is not in the same plane as the pivotpoint. It's above on the ILM miniature.

I've come up with an easy way to add some engraved lines to the inside walls. Should be clear as hell then. Will show in pics before the end of the week.

Ta
Wasili

Man, this thing is FUN... pics to upload in the morning :)

1470042_10152065154208156_1302179169_n.jpg

When you glue the strips, the thinner styrene nests atop the larger one. These will slide into the curved channel from below.
IMG_6657.jpg

There are two styrene rectangles with "Top chamfer" and an arrow written on a piece of tape - these plug the void you see in the gun wells, above/behind those resin shapes glued to the face of the turret:
IMG_6704.jpg

Might as well build the guns, eh?
L1130652.jpg

Tadaaaaah:
L1130653.jpg

While this is going on, putty and sand the seams:
L1130657.jpg

Chip detail placement on the turret side:
L1130668.jpg

Top with droid strip:
L1130669.jpg

Side:
L1130670.jpg

Front chips with resin details:
L1130671.jpg

Mike did an FANTASTIC job with those castings. So many tiny and rare kitparts in a perfect quality.
Thank you Mike !!!

I have to cut about 120 T-strips tomorrow. I think I'll try to laser them, LOL

Here's where it is now - will post a proper update soon.

1426723_10152074993448156_1107601539_n.jpg

Now I feel like back to 2011 when you build the Red Jammer Jason.
Coming along very nice,superb work as usual:thumbsup
Looking forward for more!

Don

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back