ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

If hes referring to me.... I'm sorry to disappoint cause I started here in the mid 90's and I'm not going anywhere.. and I speak for the rest of the talented team I work with. Look, We all don't have to be best of buds but a lil professional civil courtesy is in order for sure... for ALL parties. I have indeed made my share a mistakes but Ive answered and stood up to all of them.... and I never have nor will I ever be bullied from a place I help start. That goes for anyone here... we are all supposed to be family.. totally dysfunctional but family none the less. Jason.... this is your home... as much as it is Mike's, Juliens, Jamies, Guy's I could go on forever.

huggs and studio scale Kisses

Steve

Last edited:
All I mean is that thinly veiled references with no names or clarification is completely not constructive. If you want to show displeasure with someone, just name the names. This forum is a ghost town, and it needs to heal.

Transparency. We need transparency going forward. I love it here, love the majority of the people here, and look forward to another 20 years in this forum and hobby. But everyone needs to get along.

Jason, Jamie and I fought like rabid dogs in the late 90's.. We all are best of friends now... we share phone calls, meals and lots of laughter together.. it is possible.. Part of that wave of change has already taken shape.... unimaginable partnerships... based upon trust and growing respect for one another. I never thought it could happen but it is.... We stand in solidarity.... together we are strong .. fractured.. weak. There is room for those that "do it for the art" and those of us the "do it as a profession." Trust me.. we are not rich by no means slinging resin.... but we do have a love for the subject and supply folks that do not have the time or ability to scratch build the subjects that molded much of your lives.... Mike Salzo is my mentor... the best Garage kit guy in the business..and an Awesome human being to boot! Jason one of the best build n paint guys I've ever known... Julien is one of the best scratch builders to ever post a kit bash here.... John C is a human 3D printing machine..... could go on and on.... if you don't like somebody here or what they do.. do what you learned in Kindergarten.. "If you have nothing NICE to say... say nothing at all." Works for me.

Personally, I worry about the prospects for this place and the people who've been hanging out here for years when any one of the talented builders around here has to contend with someone else hijacking years of their research and hard work. This is absolutely one of the worst things that happens at the RPF, and I know for a fact that it has happened to a number of the guys posting in this thread, at least once over the years, so I know you guys know exactly what I'm talking about.

Julien can speak for himself, but IMO, it's bad news for all of us if talented builders don't feel comfortable sharing their work here, because someone has hijacked their hard work, here or off-board. And it's made even worse when someone who's been less than honest in his dealings with some members of our community proceeds to hijack other people's build threads in order to "score points" that have nothing to do with the project at hand.

All IMO.

If hes referring to me.... I'm sorry to disappoint cause I started here in the mid 90's and I'm not going anywhere.. and I speak for the rest of the talented team I work with. Look, We all don't have to be best of buds but a lil professional civil courtesy is in order for sure... for ALL parties. I have indeed made my share a mistakes but Ive answered and stood up to all of them.... and I never have nor will I ever be bullied from a place I help start. That goes for anyone here... we are all supposed to be family.. totally dysfunctional but family none the less. Jason.... this is your home... as much as it is Mike's, Juliens, Jamies, Guy's I could go on forever.

huggs and studio scale Kisses

Steve

It's was not about you Steve, you know how much I respect your work. You're not even posting here so why would it be you ?

Annnnd another thread that goes into finger pointing!!! This is getting so frustrating from an external point of view!!! Why does it so often has to move into this in awesome threads? I don't know and I don't care for your inter-personal problems .. but this board is suffering so much from it...

When I first joined a couple years back, there was a lot of talent that are now gone .. and unfortunately, I don't follow Facebook and that social media crap so I must be missing on a lot of cool stuff that should have been happening here. There's still lots of anger that we feel in your posts from time to time that it's just discouraging. PLEASE can we be constructive and enjoy the time here instead of keep reading the same crap all the time?

It's not even pop-corn material anymore!

I wish I could express myself properly and find the right words, unfortunately, english is not my first language .. But man I wish there was more build threads and less non-constructive posts all the time! I never brought much as I'm a kit builder more than a scratch builder, but I still think that I'm not the only voice here ...

Every one has been feeling worn down by the aggressive nature for a while. You are not alone. I have taken a lot of my projects "offine" to avoid being a target. A lot of other guys have too :(

Now that you guys mention it, I'm really tired of all the BS, too. Until the folks responsible for this place do something about this particular situation, I'm talking all of my projects offline too.

Hey look, models!
and a faked 'cinefex pose' :-D
Mostly finished mine, for display at last weekends Dutch Comicon.
Next is adding some mechanics and electronics for the movement.
IMG_4886.JPGIMG_4876.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4952.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4876.JPG
    IMG_4876.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4947.JPG
    IMG_4947.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 160
I'll be adding this into mine as soon as he's done with the programming - I want the guns to fire while elevating and rotating, tracking an X-Wing "off camera". He's so close now! He's been on this for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV6zcd2F0Q&feature=youtu.be

Won't be done for WF this year, but I aim to have all five feet of it done for next year's 40th anniversary!

- - - Updated - - -

Lee, I love the added greeblies on the extension you made. It looks seamless!!

Jason,

Unbelievable~~~~

Eric.

I'll be adding this into mine as soon as he's done with the programming - I want the guns to fire while elevating and rotating, tracking an X-Wing "off camera". He's so close now! He's been on this for a while.

Won't be done for WF this year, but I aim to have all five feet of it done for next year's 40th anniversary!

- - - Updated - - -

It is absolutely unbelievable! I don't have any thing to do with this one, as it is far beyond my skill. A buddy in Germany recently asked me what I would want in a "dream" set up, I acted it out in a video (lol), described the motions, and he had his friend make what you see in the video! I am stunned with how good it is. Now, I have to "brace for impact" on how much it is going to cost - no one knows yet! But this is the epitome of the kind of teamwork that makes models better and better!

Yeh that looks and sounds much better than my xmas tree lights blinking away and me going "pew pew pew"

Have fun with your extension, it's good to play with something like that and try to make it 'as they would have'

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the rig I first did, as it was radio controllable, but it was limited, and I don't know whether it was flaky as a solution or I was bad at learning RC, but it was hard to control and I didn't like it for this application. I also wanted the gun to fire faster, which is something the "tank brain" would not allow. So I'll probably be spending TWICE what I spent already, to get this new thing. But that is something I think we all have done, trying to make a better model. Chasing that dragon.

LOL

And Lee, I think THAT is what is so appealing about the extension - it is a chance to relax and "let your hair down" for a while, and not fret over every minuscule detail.

looks like the patterns John C and I made can slide right over that Assembly! Gonna reach out and see what it will cost to add it to the next DST release....... so cool!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back