Help me find this houndstooth shirt from Gleaming the Cube :-D

VilleLeskinen

Sr Member
Hey guys!

Thanks to the guys at skullandbonesskateboards.com I've found the correct pants for a Gleaming the Cube outfit but I still can't seem to nail the houndstooth patterned shirt. Any help would hugely be appreciated!

california_skate_christian_slater_graeme_clifford_001.jpgcalifornia_skate_christian_slater_graeme_clifford_005.jpgscreencap 73.jpgscreencap 81.jpg

So I bought some greyish blue fabric and I'm going to screen print the houndstooth on if nothing else...

Oh yeah, in case someone wants to create this cool iconic costume :D, then you should know the pants are from a company called Skate Rags. Seem to be very rare and the only few I've found were in Japan. The Cramps Bad music for bad people t-shirt is most likely custom made for the film as I can't find anything with spraypainted edges. Oh and the shoes are Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars but not in black but in purple. Now to find the right earring...:wacko

Old thread but just revisited this movie and have been hooked for a minute! Seems a good place to start is IDing whatever is printed on the back of the shirt. I can’t find a clear enough shot. Trying to see if it’s a common era skate logo. How did the screen printing of the fabric go?

Oh wow! Blast from the past! I gathered no-one else was interested! :lol
I actually did not start the costume (still have the pattern and the fabric somewhere) but I've been looking for the shirt every once in a while on Ebay ever since. Nada! In all these years there's also been one pair of BLACK skate rags pants that I've found. Those were way out of my price range (200's) in the end for the costume. There's actually pink ones on sale now. But I should have enough photos to make my own. Hmmm...Perhaps a little later! :D

I would have assumed they'd released the movie on BR now if they were going to. On my search I found that there were film prints of the trailer for sale on bay. I wonder if a better look at the back of the shirt could be found there. But you'd need a scanner for that...

Nice to see someone else enjoy such a novelty movie! Hope your journey takes you where you wanna go!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back