Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

hi daredevil!! i really love your project!!!!!!!!!!!thx for sharing it!!!regards from germany flö!

hi daredevil!! i really love your project!!!!!!!!!!!thx for sharing it!!!regards from germany flö!

This. Is. Amazing.

Thank you for the comments.:) This weekend I set the head on the torso, as I indicated previously. Everything went well.:thumbsup Then I stretched three layers of water-based resin with a brush on the areas of polystyrene of the whole body ... I'll have to sand down for three days!:facepalm

These are the nails, obtained by rapid prototyping from CAD model. They are very tough and resilient. I would like to carve them, because I like to think that everything possible of the subject I've created manually, as with all parts except the corrugated tubing, but twenty are too many. I'll have to sand them, because the rapid prototyping creates a grooved surface.

CAD Model
r4nv.jpg

rapid prototyping
m9gc.jpg

OH WOW!!! This is pleasing me immensely :D

The head length, Chest width & a few other measurements all match up with my Bob :D I'd be interested to know the neck width if you have it??

Keep up the good work :thumbsup

OH WOW!!! This is pleasing me immensely :D

The head length, Chest width & a few other measurements all match up with my Bob :D I'd be interested to know the neck width if you have it??

Keep up the good work :thumbsup

Hello Leigh,thank you. The CAD system returns 160 mm
0nmb.jpg

Here are the nails resting on the feet. I'll have to readjust the location of the nails, because these are a little different from the nail which I used to make the prints of the same locations. I painted black under the foot,because it will be an area unreachable, when I go to paint Alien.

0nds.jpg

usgy.jpg

Last edited:

Yep, the nails are looking good :thumbsup

If I was being really picky, I'd suggest carving a little bit off of the top & side of each nail to make each one very slightly different.

:)

Yep, the nails are looking good :thumbsup

If I was being really picky, I'd suggest carving a little bit off of the top & side of each nail to make each one very slightly different.

:)

Thank you Leigh.;)
Yes, actually the nails are a starting homogeneous and should create differences that you said, to get more realism.

Now that the big job is finished (except the tail :facepalm), I can dedicate to the details calmly.:)

I really envy your technique, and your attention to detail.:thumbsup

After making the assembly / disassembly of the head, here is the connection between the neck and torso. The next stage will be the new home of the inner mouth, before attaching the lower jaw. For this there is the problem of the nerves that connect it with the upper jaw if I want to do mountable / demountable in the event of future molds. Who knows ...

5x0s.jpg

zrqo.jpg

p318.jpg

Maybe next I do it in CNC and get perfect pieces for molds?:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello to all,
Last night I created the attachment of the lower jaw with a magnetic system. Thanks to this system and to the fixed position of the jaw which occurs for precise coupling of the form with the head, I can mount and dismount infinite times, without losing position and alignments. This allowed me to model with clay tendons are kept on the upper and lower jaw and simulate a continuity of the lip.

The continuity between above and below is only in this area of the lip.

Presentazione standard1.jpg

IMAG0958.jpg

All this could allow me to produce molds of the head and jaw. Currently, however, it is not my intention, because I do not know to do molds, but I try to prepare for the more simple construction, relatively to this. The big questions are: 1) if I have to leave separate the legs from the torso to do better to make molds of these, and 2) the mold of a tail that is long and twisted. I also think that it would all be very expensive, since 1KG silicone rubber for mold costs 45 €. Who knows ... We gladly accept advice on techniques and methods.:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:

More pictures of the lower jaw. I joined the tendons and filled the empty space between the jaw and head.

jqk6.jpg

75to.jpg

e88h.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back