Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

I have to make the nails of the feet and hands and I thought I carve each with a soft wood, but I was also thinking of making a mold, but I do not know what material to use to have strong nails. Do you have any idea?

Have you considered the glue on false nails reinforced on the underside?

I had not considered. The nails are long, 6 cm (2.4 inch). I do not know if I can find them. If I do not find them,But you gave me an idea. I could cut the shape of the nail from 3-4 mm thick plexiglass and then bend with the heat. I will try and then I'll put the answer. Thank you very much. ;)

View attachment 245334

View attachment 245335

Hello, thanks for the comments, particularly in Leigh because with its tread has allowed me to realize the alien's head.;)

I added the pipes and corrugated surfaces to arms, glued tubes and connected with modeling clay. I used a little 'bigger pipes than the original, because I like the most. Furthermore, for the same reason, I added a corrugated surface outside of the forearm, which in the original is not there. To realize the corrugated surfaces I used a corrugated pipe like a rolling pin on dough modeling, inserting it into a rod of wood.

As soon as the modeling clay will be dried, I will be able to get a sanding surface more smooth, although I prefer to leave it a bit 'rough because I think it is more realistic.

soon with new images. :D
j5fa.jpg
bxpo.jpg
vjg9.jpg

But,as you say,I could cut a plastic thinner because it is easier to cut and then strengthen with polyester resin. Thank you.;)

Last edited:

As long as the Polyester doesn't melt your plastic!

As long as the Polyester doesn't melt your plastic!
slgs.jpg

8bao.jpg
1wy3.jpg

Yes, I have to give it a try. I'm thinking a few. I was also thinking of aluminum. What you see is made of polyurethane and I used to create the footprints in the fingers of feet and hands, but is tender. Tanks a lot. :)

further refinement to follow. I Corrected the upper teeth and lower teeth lengthened. The material of the teeth is 160kg/mt3 density polyurethane foam, which is very easy to shape. In each tooth is inserted a metal pin and fixed jaw with plaster.
6mss.jpg
1ev6.jpg
3kg3.jpg

Last edited:

incredible!! i love Alien, and can never get enough of seeing every inch of the xenomorph's anatomy and design.
you're doing such a great job! will you be painting it and making it shiny/wet looking, too? when do you estimate that you'll be finished with it? :)

incredible!! i love Alien, and can never get enough of seeing every inch of the xenomorph's anatomy and design.
you're doing such a great job! will you be painting it and making it shiny/wet looking, too? when do you estimate that you'll be finished with it? :)

Hello and thanks for the comment.
I do not know if I'll do it with wet or with a medium shine. The first Alien was not always so wet, but it could be better wet. I have yet to decide. If it is not necessary something I had not considered, I think I'll end up between 2-3 weeks. Hello :)

Last edited:

This weekend I'm going to implement the system of assembly / disassembly head, as shown below. (I hope) :)

cau2.jpg

j3qx.jpg

efdc.jpg

a2jq.jpg

716t.jpg

rwsn.jpg

8mj1.jpg

Maybe a little over engineered but it definitely looks like it'll work :thumbsup :)

Maybe a little over engineered but it definitely looks like it'll work :thumbsup :)
Hello Leigh,I had also thought of a magnet system,but I was afraid it was too strong or too weak. I adopted the same solution for the arms and works well. The square tube does not allow rotations and resistance to the weight of the hands that are far away. only a hand weighs 1.5kg and I tested with a bottle of water from 1.5LT,:) hanging on the wrist. I use four small magnets to attach the lower jaw. What do you think?...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back