Dredd vest and knee pad questions

Ray48

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, I tried to query the owner of the Judge Janus costume about the following with no response. So I'll try here and see if anyone has an answer.....I know that the micro mesh fabric is used for the vest and armor backing material. However, looking at close up pics posted of the Janus vest, the material looks more substantial than a layer of mesh and even has straps sewn to the underside which are not apparent on the top surface. the bulk looks to be much more substantial. I've noted on the Prop Store pics that you can, in fact, see through shoulder pads and such. The material I obtained seems to be the right stuff, but doesn't look to have the same bulk I think I'm seeing in the Janus pictures. Anyone having inspected a vest in person may know the answer to this. I'm suspecting that the knee and elbow pads are attached to the leather suit, perhaps permanently, but do not know what attachment means were used. Again, I'm hoping someone has the answers I'm looking to find. I might eventually hear from the Janus suit owner since I PM'd him. But the answer might well come to late, as I'm ready to have the vest and armor backing sewn now. I know some folks, early on, used thin foam backing which probably is not correct for the vest, but does make it more substantial. Still, I'd like my vest to be close to the prop. Anyone?:confused

The base fabric for the vest was a 1/4" thick spacer mesh fabric.

It is, unfortunately, extremely difficult to find.

Thanks.....that must be why my fabric won't look the same. At least you didn't say impossible!:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back