Harrison Ford Bust - Origins?

clyde

Very happy with this recent purchase. Looks great from all angles. Don't know who created it. Neither does the seller.

4fba2821358d7d751e8ff3ce7b55cfc0

0d01f88130977c9bf50b5226c3503091

9518c0cdecf50e22b287cbcae7ce5f2d

a169539ef9e3fd351c0fc667609d7f99

3c12253f5275c3f188aee7142c2dce7e

9baca9af91ef2ba490ff845d4f166073

8f9da4b7096fdc367df72f2ad05dc51b

Last edited:
Hi Taz,

Seller said he purchased this on ebaY some time back. He had just the one.

There is a makers mark on the back of the head that reads - Magic Creation L.R. 2008.

Pretty sure that's by Laurent Rivière, it was sculpted for Disney's Hollywood Studios Florida back in 2008. I don't know if it was actually ever used, or if Disney scrapped it. Probably my favorite sculpt of him out there, though, I'd love to have one.

Really? Wow...so feasibly it's a pre-production piece? Lol from Disney? Nifty. They got it right as it's an awesome sculpt.
If there's every a run put me down no question lol

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Really? Wow...so feasibly it's a pre-production piece? Lol from Disney? Nifty. They got it right as it's an awesome sculpt.
If there's every a run put me down no question lol

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Well, I think that's who Rivière said it was for while he was sculpting it, but he was also selling casts later for around $250.
In regards to the one he offered for sale, just an fyi, he said himself that the top half was from a Ford cast that he 'fixed', and then sculpted the rest himself. He had a pretty sketchy name for a while in the IndyLounge forums as well, apparently pissed off quite a few people over on an Ark that he was offering and failed to deliver well on.

Anyways, he has sculpted Indy before, he sculpted one in 2008, his initials match, and he called his own company Magic Creation for a while. That's why I believe it's cast from the one he claimed, but I could of course be wrong.Judge for yourself, this is a W.I.P. photo by him in 2008 for the sculpt that was supposed to be heading to Disney:

d6z0j1sk9a79asw4g.jpg

Hi Laellee,

That's great background info. Here's a pic of the mark on the back of the head.

74b9e223abf8d11e79b268426b6f6c1b

Last edited:
Oh that guy? Geez I know he ripped a lot of folks off. Including me and I vouched for him on the Ark project. Live and learn sad to say.

It is a interesting piece. Wonder if there are anymore floating round from a decent vendor. Anyone got one for sale???

Cheers
T
A
Z

Wow, sorry to hear that the original sculpter was a dishonest seller. That's why I usually envolve both ebaY and Paypal together in high dollar transactions. Nice trail for law enforcement to follow for both criminal and civil prosecution :)

The seller of this bust is a very nice person out of Houston, Texas and I am very thankful to him for the opportunity to secure my first "Indy Bust".

Thanks Taz.

Since Laellee can recall that the sculpter was selling the bust on ebaY, he must have sold more than a few to get a rep for doing so. I'll bet there are more floating around for you to purchase.

Thanks Taz.

Since Laellee can recall that the sculpter was selling the bust on ebaY, he must have sold more than a few to get a rep for doing so. I'll bet there are more floating around for you to purchase.

CLyde,
Please slow on this idea. I never said that there were more available on Ebay. I said that he offered more for sale.

Give me 30 minutes or so, I'll find his listing. Long story short, what I remember, they were listed (limited) in 2010.... Not limited because there was a number, simply limited because it was a cash-and-carry....

It was what he offered then through castings...

Ah, I see Laellee, ok. I did not mean to put words in your mouth. I need to read more carefully. I look forward to that auction info. Thanks.

Well Taz, one might have to look a little harder for this version of Mr Ford. It is true that i've never come across this particular bust for sale on ebaY or any of the fan sites I visit. Mainly iv'e seen the Howard version, the Han Solo version, and a recent one with a unique facial expression.

Ah, I see Laellee, ok. I did not mean to put words in your mouth. I need to read more carefully. I look forward to that auction info. Thanks.

Well Taz, one might have to look a little harder for this version of Mr Ford. It is true that i've never come across this particular bust for sale on ebaY or any of the fan sites I visit. Mainly iv'e seen the Howard version, the Han Solo version, and a recent one with a unique facial expression.

...here we go.... I'm going to pull up source material... Nothing on anyone, just what I can find...

All I know is this thing popped up on ebaY a few days ago. No insane buy it now price, no bid war, just sat there for 5 days staring back at me...the only bidder...so you never know :)

Wow, that's a wealth of info there. I think I have his Conan bust too, and if I recall correctly, that ebaY auction was an international purchase.

His Conan is beautiful too. I held my breath as I was pointing out where it came from, saying I would love a copy.... Because it is beautiful, EXACTLY what I would want. Nothing wrong with you having it. Just a ****ty history.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back