Help source Arrow Deathstroke pieces

angelus0313

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help on sourcing what seem to the be hardest pieces for the Arrow's version of Deathstroke. Have most of everything figured out or know what they used for pieces of the costume. The pieces that been hard to figure out is his knee/shin guards and elbow pads.

At first I thought they where regular X shaped tactical pads till I started doing more research into the costume and found they where not, due to the shape and design of them among them having more "vent" holes then the ones I thought they where. Among finding out that he wearing shin guards as well, only really shows up when you first see him walk into the tent to torture Queen and a few wide shots and in the few seconds you see his whole body when they capture Yao Fei.

I have kind of narrowed it down to either some kind of motocycle hard protective gear or something along these lines. But I have yet to figure out who the maker or if it is what I think it is. The reason I think they are both from the same maker is both the knee and elbow pads have the same designs, a V shape indention with what looks like a textured in lay, in them so either they used a knee pad as an elbow pad or vice versa or they are from the same maker from the same product line.

But here some pics to help if anyone has a clue. Thanks in advance.

wholebodyelbow.jpgshinknee.jpgelbowdeadon.jpg

Working on this also, what did you use for the shoulders? I was thinking I could cut foam to match that vest (have the name some place)

Saved the 1st pic to my galaxy 4, I could zoom in and found writing on the left elbow pad. It is just enough out of focus to see what it says. Maybe you can make it out better then I

From what I can tell its probably either they used a second vest and cut it to the shape they need and resewed the edges to finish them off, due to when you look at the fight scenes the shoulder pauldron does funny things like it was not made to properly work when a person moves his arm. Then re-covered the vest and shoulders in the same fabric so they would match different suits if they where filming some of the stunt work while filming the non stunt shots. IE the fight scenes or if one of them got damaged during filming, due to I doubt they could easily repair some things in the middle of the woods and stop filming to repair due to how TV filming is different then movie filming. By they usually film an episode in a day or at most a day and half of another day.

Or they totally made it from scratch, then re-covered it all in the same fabric. Thinking it may be a combination of both due to as the series progress the pauldrons seemed to not bunch up as much when the actor would raise his arm up leaving a large gap. Odd observations, but its possible just like when you look at his mask. The Mask to me looks like the underform not what some people think it is as it looks like the mouth and jaw area is some kind of airsoft soft airsoft mask due the the scene where the first pic from you see he has some kind of strap and buckle system that does not go all the way around his neck and it it matches the buckle system that some of them have on them.

After accidentally stumbling upon them while looking for something something else I am happy to report I found the knee and and elbow pad. Still trying to source the shin guards.

But the knee and elbow are made by a company called Rollerblade under their Bladegear "Pro" line, I emphasis the Pro due they have more than one line. Double checked it against the elbow photo, the logo we cannot read is in the correct position for it among all the vent holes,the weird texture, and what I thought at first was a shadow was actually a logo is correctly placed when over layered with the photos of them.

Unfortunately Rollerblade has stop making them and retooled their products to look different under their XT line that has nothing in common with the Pro line and so far all I can find through companies is the JR size if its the correct one due to many online stores only have Bladegear listed but I don't know if its Pro or the XT version of it.

Here is what they look like in real life
http://sidewalksurf.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/027.jpg

hmmm thats interesting. given the fact that thats actually the closest ive seen any to look like the ones he wears. i went in and searched a lot but still couldnt find any that resembled them till now that u posted this. were u able to buy these? if so from where? plz reply as ive been cracking my head to try and make this costume as accurate as possible thanks

how well do those elbow pads fit on u? just found em on a site called alien in line. is that where u bought em?

Last edited:
Working on this version myself. I am stuck at the top with finding a similar mask. Anyone had luck with that?

yes everyone seems to be buying them from wolframcreative. he makes them look the same as the show. im gonna buy one off of him too but i want to focus first on the suit itself and specifically the pieces that are hard to find.

From looking at the mask through as a whole through the series. I have figured their is either two, three, or as many as four mask they used in the series.

One is somewhat similar to the wolfamcreative makes with some kind of latex under skull with fabric stretched and adhered to it. This is one can be seen when they first introduce him and a few other places when he just standing around, ie before the fight with Fei and when he confront slade during the Japan plane incident. You can tell it somekind of under skull due to the shape and how the fabric does not move when he moves his head among how it bunches up around the neck area when he looks down. I've been calling this the hero mask.

The second one is the one is what I would call the stunt or fight one due to he looks like they took out the latex under skull and cobbled it together with maybe some kind of hard face protector and a neopreme mouth cover due to it seen during the fight with Fei due to if you step through the fight you notice there is breathing holes around the mouth area that was not in the previous establishing shots among you noticed the jaw area is is further back and the area around the skull is odd. This makes me think its a neopreme airsoft mask with the fabric stretch over it as the scene where Fei and Deathstroke have to work together you see a clasp in his back, I am refering to the elbow scene my first post.

The third mask shows up in Slade's footlocker as its similar to the first mask, but it somekind of hard shell due to how Slade holds it and how the ridge lines of the under shell is a hard edge making me think it some kind of full face airsoft mask. Among it holds its shape when slade is holding it by the chin making it more evident that its a hard shell mask due to if you look closely he cannot see any kind of internal structure making me assume that its hardhshell, maybe a vacuform mold off the original understkull for the hero mask.

While their is a possibility of a fourth mask through my observations, maybe a modular mask, as it pops up here and there from time to time. It can be seen in the ring fight episode where Deathstroke is showing off his skill in a ring fight as some scenes the mask jumps around from a hero one to one that does not match the other two among some insert shots from time to time. Noticed it while freeze framing the bluray version of the series.

As a fifth / fourth mask does exist somewhat as I am referring to the SDCC mask that is seen during the pilot and on display at SDCC. I am going to disregard this as a mask used outside of a prop due to I believe it was never worn by a stuntman or used in production outside what is was. Among it maybe a cast of the hero one just weathered and distressed down to its current state.

I checked ebay a few days ago. Found adult size large. Was the wrists, elbows and knees, for only $10.00 with free shipping. Listed as "defective" because it was missing the left wrist.
I also had ordered the last adult set that Alien roller blade website you posted had.
Here is a pick of the elbow

20131116_180742_zps1fe05638.jpg

I don't know if you guys have found it yet or not, but the belt is COBRA 1.75” RIGGER BELT (Military Belt | Cobra Belts) and the main body armour is actually a horse riding vest, like this one Equestrian Horse Riding Safety Vest Protective Vest Body Protector Eventer | eBay

yep. Have my vest showing up this week. Just ordered the sword. Looking for a nice match for the shin and forearm pads

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if you guys have found it yet or not, but the belt is COBRA 1.75” RIGGER BELT (Military Belt | Cobra Belts) and the main body armour is actually a horse riding vest, like this one Equestrian Horse Riding Safety Vest Protective Vest Body Protector Eventer | eBay

yep. Have my vest showing up this week. Just ordered the sword. Looking for a nice match for the shin and forearm pads

i checked ebay a few days ago. Found adult size large. Was the wrists, elbows and knees, for only $10.00 with free shipping. Listed as "defective" because it was missing the left wrist.
I also had ordered the last adult set that alien roller blade website you posted had.
Here is a pick of the elbow

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/sl2280/20131116_180742_zps1fe05638.jpg

are you serious!!!!!!!?????????? Awwwwww man!!!!!!!!!!!! :( do you by any chance know if theyre gonna restock???

Since I picked up a set off ebay. I am going to list the set from Alien inline fir what I paid, on here. If one of you guys need them still

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back