Creating a vigilante costume.

Lucas2k15

Hi there, I plan to do some masked vigilante work in my local area, I might ***** out but I still would like a cool suit. Something along the lines of:
Scan.jpg
I first need a blank suit pattern though. If anyone one has a link to a free one, or someone who has a blank pattern for sale (or could make me one) please leave them in a reply. When I get the pattern I will update the thread with the building of the suit. Hope someone out there can help a guy out.

-spidey

vigilantes are illegal so posting this on a public forum like this doesnt help, its too easy for the police to trace your IP.
i'd advise against ripping from spiderman, you should really make your own idea.
i also highly advise against you going through with this

While vigilantism isn't really something to talk about in public. I do kind of like the suit design. Looks like a spider-deadpool to me

I just noticed that lol, ya im not adding webs so i guess i am dead-spider.

- - - Updated - - -

lol ya i was just born with abnormally small arms.

a little update im scrapping the pattern and staring a new one, im thinking the same red and black(grey) but if anyone has some cool color ideas id love to hear em

So I hope you mean public defending. (The more literal type)

Phoenix Jones is the best idea I can think of. He's not a vigilante, he just does what he is within his rights to do. If you're seriously thinking about doing something like this, a form fitting outfit isn't going to protect you from the elements very well. Phoenix actually wears Sapi plates. So design wise I would hope you're trying to protect your "assests".

Sounds dangerous, I'd be careful. Honestly If you're main concern is how your costume looks you may want to reevaluate some things. Have you thought about maybe dressing up in costume to do charity events/work? Charity is less dangerous and can be more beneficial. I say leave the crime fighting to the professionals since they are more appropriate for the job.

is this dude actually serious?

do you have any kind of training, martial arts? anything?

you want to help you in your neighborhood? how about getting active with local political groups, change policies, clean up the neighborhood the right way, get active with charities your local police.

you can do a lot just walking around the neighborhood with friends and reporting any crime, i stop a guy beating up his girlfriend and anthor time a girl getting raped just by yelling and signaling the police, believe me i could have used the martial arts i've studied but that wont bring the justice that needs to happen, the only thing that will result is a group of dudes looking to beat the hell out of you or even kill you man.

seriously get involved with a neighborhood watch, there is power in number and policies can change.

other than that use that money on your costume to make a spiderman and go visit kids at a school or a hospital and bring them some donated toys.

I am very much so. Where I currently live knifes are more a problem than guns. I plan on creating some sort of knife proof under suit, if not I can wear over plate like protectors like you suggested. Still not sure if this will go down. I'm not going to act unless something needs attending to. Nothing so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually do plan on doing some charity work. I plan on bringing toys to children's hospital.

I have some martial arts training, mostly acrobatics though (balance mostly, not a lot of flips) My stature doesn't really fit the whole flips thing. I also have to re-size all of the suit patterns. Tobey was 5'10" ,and I'm 6'3". So some adjustments are required. And if you don't read all my responses I am trying to do some charity work. I promise everyone this isn't some 12 year old fantasy I'm trying to live.

I hope this is in jest.
A fellow in my area got caught by the cops as he tried to be The Dark Knight of the neighborhood. Perhaps you've heard of the Moxham Ninja. Made the national news. A quick look on youtube will find news stories. The DA charged him, so keep that in mind. Crime doesn't pay. Nor does crime fighting without a badge.

If you want to do Charity work go volunteer, no need to dress up to do it, find a charity you like and go volunteer.

As for Vigilante crime fighting with "a little Martial arts training but mostly acrobatic" you run the risk of GREAT bodily harm to yourself. On top of the physical danger lets look at what you could wind up walking into. You could seriously mess up a police operation such as a sting or bust, or allow criminals to walk due to your intervention, and last but not least you could cost an officer his or her life as well by being in the line of fire. Now add this to the equation, once caught like most "costumed heroes" are you are looking at a heavy financial burden, fines, court fees, bail, or any civil suits that would arise from your activities.

There are many members here with an ex-military/law enforcement background and each of them will tell you that this is a bad idea.

I have some martial arts training, mostly acrobatics though (balance mostly, not a lot of flips) My stature doesn't really fit the whole flips thing. I also have to re-size all of the suit patterns. Tobey was 5'10" ,and I'm 6'3". So some adjustments are required. And if you don't read all my responses I am trying to do some charity work. I promise everyone this isn't some 12 year old fantasy I'm trying to live.

Martial arts is first and foremost, an "art". It looks cool, but it provides no education of real violence, meaning you will get your ass beat to a pulp in a street fight. (Check out this article for more on the ineffectiveness of martial arts - Why Most Martial Arts Don't Work | FunctionalSelfDefense.org). And despite what you may think, you are not some hardened ninja super spy. As a vigilante, you will only be a liability to policeman, and interfere with their line of work. The police cannot afford to have to look after you.

Now ask yourself this: are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart and because you want to help people, or you just because you want to be a superhero? Now, your name is Lucas2K15. 2015 meaning the year of your graduation I'm guessing. If I'm correct, then you can't be more than 16 or 17, which really isn't too far off from that "12 year old fantasy". See, everybody wants superpowers, and teenagers even more so. Being a teen is tough, and you aspire to have something special. I get that. I like that you are trying to help people, but pretending to be a superhero is dangerous, and downright stupid, and definitely not the way to go. If you really want to be a real “superhero”, then volunteer at soup kitchens. Help out the hopeless and kids hospitals. Do charity work. Just don’t do anything stupid like trying to fight criminals. :)

What YOU need, mate, is some sort of device to enable you to climb walls!
Maybe something with lots of little hooks, so you'd get a kinda scaled-up velcro-like effect and be able to hang from brickwork, with your enemies unaware.

As for the costume itself - I agree with previous posters... I don't think lycra is gonna give enough protection. You're talking like a wetsuit there, and they rip easily.
You need something a bit more suited to the action you might end up in. An action suit, if you will.

You'll need some extra armour if you DID get in a fight - So I wouldn't make it too basic. Something a little bit more... Oh, what's the word?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back