Permanent Maker on Spandex HELP!!!!

123Prime1

So I was drawing the seam lines on my spider man suit in sharpie, needless to say. I messed up, I am freaking out right now and I don't know what to do. Can someone please tell me a way to remove the sharpie marker?!

3 Things to try
1 Hairspray : spray hairspray on a cloth to moisten it and blot the stain. Rinse with water. If the is residual stain repeat process.
2: Rubbing alcohol; Same process as above
3: Milk: I've seen this one work on Cotton. Soak overnight in Milk.
Hope one of these help.

Montysaurus: tried all of them, they don't work on spandex

- - - Updated - - -

Dedsilence: I'm afraid I might damage the spandex with that

Unfortunately , I think you're 'up the creek without a paddle', as once marked with a sharpie the dye penetrates the spandex, you cannot remove the marker pen without solvent and that could /would damage the material , only cure is dye the spandex a darker colour than the marker colour , ths masking the mark. other wise start again and use 'drapers chalk' available from haberdashery shops or a dressmakers.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately at this point have have guest given up on this. I ordered a new suit so now I know not to use sharpie.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back