Just received my Rylo ROTJ Luke "Reveal" Lightsbaer

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got in my Rylo Reveal Lightsaber. And man, am I happy with it! I already got some props from Rylo, and with this saber he certainly proofs he belongs in my top 3 of favorite prop-makers! If some people say "hey, don't expect the props I made to be 100% perfect, we are no professional company", should take a look at Rylo's props. They are closer to perfection than a "big" prop company will ever achieve, I think.

Anyway, pictures in attachment. I got number 35 of 45 and "Jedifyfed" the seller on eBay in selling it to me directly. This was the original listing:

Luke Star Wars ROTJ Reveal Saber Lightsaber by Rylo not Master Replicas | eBay

The envelope with the certificate I received with the saber is the original Palmetto EFX Group envelope and mentions number 34 and 35. The seller sold both of them. The other one was sold here:

Luke Star Wars ROTJ Reveal Saber Lightsaber by Rylo not Master Replicas | eBay

I didn't pay as much as this last one, but it was an amount with 4 numbers. According to Rylo himself, however, I made a good deal. If there were other RPF members bidding on that number 35: sorry about Jedifyfing you guys, but off course you could have done the same before I did.

I was considering also buying the eFX version of the reveal lightsaber, but I'm just afraid it will be a major disappointment, compared to this beauty. For people who have both: is it worth buying the eFX version too, now I have this one?

Attachments

• Lightsaber01.jpg
    Lightsaber01.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Lightsaber02.jpg
    Lightsaber02.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 435
  • Lightsaber03.jpg
    Lightsaber03.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Lightsaber04.jpg
    Lightsaber04.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 569
  • Lightsaber05.jpg
    Lightsaber05.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Lightsaber06.jpg
    Lightsaber06.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 317
Good deal. I got one directly from Rylo and think it is one of the best pieces in my collection. I also have the EFX version, which I got directly from EFX, so I did not have to pay a premiumn for it. It is very hard to compare the 2 of them. Rylo's was made of the exact same parts and in the same manner as the one he was replicating and he did most if not all of the work himself. The EFX one was made in a factory in China to look like the original, but not built the same way and has electronics. There is an issue with them about being wobbly when in the open position, but if you don't wave it around like a madman then you won't have any probelms. I love both of them but would not pay the premium that either of them bring now. If you can get the EFX for not too much over the MSRP then I would say go for it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back