Blade Runner Blaster Amber Grips

cirus

Hi,
Been doing some research into the Blade Runner Blaster and have been trying to find out where the amber grips came from. Found conflicting info that they where custom made but then other info tells that they where from a real gun.

Could any one shed some light on this issue for me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help

C

Last edited:
found this info... not sure if it helps.

400px-Museum_stunt.jpg400px-Museum_stunt.jpg
Here is a picture of the stunt casting hanging in the Seattle Science Fiction Museum. It was coated with a glossy clear to keep the rubber from breaking down any further that it already had. The stunt castings vary from the hero gun in many ways. They were cast before the LED's were placed into the magazine, and before the "pinky groove" was cut into the hero grip, which was done at Ford's request as the grip was just too small for his hand. Also, some castings have "hero grips" meaning they have orange amber grips, and some have black grips, which were used by the street cops, and background players in the police station scene.

Badsprout - yeah I have had a look over there and cannot seam to find the info. Will keep up the search tho.
Angeldean- cheers for that. Always good to find out new bits about this prop and the film.

I have read, although I don't remember where, that they modified a commercial revolver grip. The original was rubber, they moldered it in resin, then added to it, then recast it.

David.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back