The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
attachment.php

rpf-2013-halloween-costume-contest-voting-now-closed-winners.jpg-256681d1384826107

It is that time of year again! Time for the RPF's Halloween Costume Contest! 2013 marks our fourth annual Halloween Costume contest! This year we are giving away $1,500 in prizes!

One of the best aspects of the RPF is seeing all the incredible costumes (and props) built and worn by our members! From Man of Steel to the Wolverine, and Dredd to Kick Ass (as well as the ever-present Iron Man), this has been another year of inspiring movies and inspiring costumes! Not only that, but with the rise of cosplay, we are seeing our hobby explode into the mainstream. But, best of all, our members STILL have some of the most awesome costumes on the net, and our Replica Costume Forum is the most popular forum on our site! So, here is your chance to strut your stuff, gain fame AND fortune!

Contest Rules and Submissions:

Please read the rules before submitting your costume as not following them may result in your disqualification from the contest!

• You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! Click this link to register.
  • You can only enter YOUR costume; not the costume of a boyfriend, wife, etc. Obviously, if you are a parent, you can enter your child’s costume on their behalf. If you are entering a group, make sure you have permission from everyone in the group. Also, please note that only the winning person who posted the group photo will receive a prize, not each member in the group.
  • One entry per person (if you are a parent, you can enter your child as well as yourself)
  • You MUST have a build thread for your entry!
  • If you've previously won in any category you will not be permitted to re-enter the costume for which you won.
  • If you entered the contest previously and were NOT a winner, you can enter your costume again, but you cannot use the same photo as last year.
  • No store-bought costumes! If it came from Wal-Mart, this probably isn't the contest for you. (Staff reserves the right to deny entry or disqualify an entry based on source of costume.)
Note: We fully EXPECT contestants to promote themselves (facebook, twitter, etc) and to push for votes, but we expect them to do so in a positive manner. Negative campaigning is best left to politicians. If we find a contestant negatively campaigning against another contestant’s entry, whether on this site or not, the negative-Nancy MAY be eliminated from the contest.

Entry Submission

There are four steps to entering this contest;

• First, you must create a build thread, here in the Replica Costume Forum with the title: "[Your board name]'s 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry"

In the first post of your thread, tell us about your costume, how you created it, any challenges you faced along the way and any details about the costume that you are particularly proud of having created. While it is not required, we'd also like you to include a little about your skill and experience as a costume builder and any tips you might like to share. This is also an opportunity for you to show off in progress photos (see below) of your costume as well as additional images of your finished costume (as you can only post ONE photo in the gallery for your entry.)
  • Second, you must post at least two "progress photos" into your build thread, showing your progress as you build your costume.
  • Third, you must post a proof photo into your build thread, "proving" this is your costume in order to dissuade those who might simply submit a random photo from off the internet. The "proof" photo needs to be you, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer. This is a very important step, so make sure to include your "proof" photo when entering!.
  • Finally, post a SINGLE good, clear photo of your costume into the RPF Gallery under the Contests->2013-10-Halloween Contest folder. This entry photo CAN NOT have any photo manipulation in it (ie: Photoshop).

The title of your entry should include your board name and the name of your costume.

Categories

We once again have FOUR categories this year, with a first place winner for each category, a runner up for each category, and a judge's pick for each category.

The categories are:

• Females in costume
  • Males in costume
  • Kids (12 and under) in costume
  • New member (less than a year on the site as of Oct 1, 2013) in costume

How are winners determined?

We will accept entries through Nov 4 at 10 PM PST (so you have time to submit your Halloween photos).

On Nov 7, we will open the gallery to voting and have the members vote* on the winners through Nov 11 at 10PM PST.

At the same time as the public vote, a panel of judges will choose one entry from each category as a "judge's pick."

Winners will be announced on or about Nov 13, 2013.

*We allow ONE vote per IP address.

What are the prizes?

• Female in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Female in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Female in costume – judge's pick - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Male in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Male in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Male in costume – judge's pick - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Kid in costume - first place - $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Kid in costume - runner up - $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • Kid in costume - judge's pick - $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • New member in costume - first place - $150 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • New member in costume – runner up - $75 Gift Card to Amazon.com
  • New member in costume – judge's pick - $75 Gift Card to Amazon.com

Official Rules

Participation in the RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.

Sponsor: Movie Prop Sites, LLC acting as the RPF

Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! If you are not a registered member, click this link to register.

Entry: To enter, see Entry Submission section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member, except as noted above. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes.

Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends Nov 4nd, 2013 at 10:00pm PST.

Prize: See What are the prizes? section above. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Notification: The winners will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around Nov 13, 2013). If winners do not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.

Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Entry Submission, or any portions or elements of the Entry Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Entry Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.

General Conditions: No purchase necessary. therpf.com is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) misdirected or delayed mail or e-mail; (ii) telephone, telecommunications, hardware or third party software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond therpf.com control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or terminated; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the systems required to conduct the Contest or operate the therpf.com web site, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants, shall be determined by therpf.com in its sole discretion. All decisions of therpf.com are final. By participating in the Contest, you also agree to be bound by therpf.com Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

ENTRIES

Men

bondoking
cyberpyrot

jappa
RINZLERTRON
Formori
sirbrad
MorbidCharlie
spydrwebz
kenobibale
Darth Mule
Bigdaddy
DR4296
GROND29

Dancin_Fool
amazingmumford
Dericrw
Alpha Proto
Insomaniac
Lost21stJedi
Citen
Sylgian
brainshatterer
PaperMashia
ScarletSpeedstr
dbproductionz
Pazuzu Studios
ctjade

Women

Annisse
Rens
Eveningarwen
Crema
CelticRuins
mdb
booksandcorsets
KittyPurry27
Dagnie
Bizarro Lois

Children

Guri
Eveningarwen
Coolc - Child 1
Coolc - Child 2

madeinsocal6
TeresaMRoberts
fdileague
TJack
dork vader
BigGeek
Bigdaddy

New Members

Dr Karas
runkrod - Child 1
runkrod - Child 2

tigger5379
Mitcheg1
csea33
claymore61
tommyb345
WardWorks
Bizzaro

Finisher

Matrix2db
JcM528491
Gaz
Simon Bowers
Tmntdb

medic427
nbehling
Froggie
Phantomdgn
jtholla2
rpenatx
MrCaraco
Yodamann
jesssmith
Benjamin Arce
parkplace06
zorprime
zorprime's child

Rmapua23
Xtremenoob
Lunaman
heatadvisory
6 finger wizard
Tevina
ModJob
justtrippen
MarkKing
Boris Mzhen
ApophisV
vthedemon
cwho
bzaitz
PartsandKrafts
Partybot
Iracel

Last edited:
Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

If we already have a build thread we intended for Halloween, can we just change the thread title?

If we already have a build thread we intended for Halloween, can we just change the thread title?

I was going to ask that same question! I did my build thread as I was making it. Not only to help other but knowing I wanted to enter it.

Side note!!!! I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE that you did a judges pick this year. Defiantly evens the playing field a little bit and shows that you listened to our comments last year. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

Absolutely. Just make sure that your thread title is correct and that you adjust your first post to reflect the contest requirements. :)

I was going to ask that same question! I did my build thread as I was making it. Not only to help other but knowing I wanted to enter it.

Side note!!!! I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE that you did a judges pick this year. Defiantly evens the playing field a little bit and shows that you listened to our comments last year. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

:thumbsup

We definitely listened on a whole bunch of fronts. I'm hoping that this year is our best yet! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Yay! I have been waiting for this to show up!
I have been looking forward to this thread all year ^_^!

what is the standing on dye sub suits? i was thinking of entering my man of steel suit. carl9149 created the file and then with his guidance and permission i modified it to my specifications. i have pm's between me and carl discussing its eligibility for the contest, he has given me his permission.

what is the standing on dye sub suits? i was thinking of entering my man of steel suit. carl9149 created the file and then with his guidance and permission i modified it to my specifications. i have pm's between me and carl discussing its eligibility for the contest, he has given me his permission.

I'd consider that a sourced and modified item and therefore is acceptable for the contest. Especially since you have Carl's blessing you're good. :)

What do I do if I never took build pics? My costume is RJ Macready from The Thing and it wasn't really a "build" so much as a "sourcing" type deal. There is a lot of weathering and some construction so what do I do in this case? as far as I know I've done the only film accurate and realisticly done Kurt Russell.

Thanks Woody

Halloween :) yey!

i had a question about this:

"Finally, post a SINGLE good, clear photo of your costume into the RPF Gallery under the Contests->2013-10-Halloween Contest folder. This entry photo CAN NOT have any photo manipulation in it (ie: Photoshop)."

so putting water marks on the picture prohibited?

thanks for answering and more power :)

What do I do if I never took build pics? My costume is RJ Macready from The Thing and it wasn't really a "build" so much as a "sourcing" type deal. There is a lot of weathering and some construction so what do I do in this case? as far as I know I've done the only film accurate and realisticly done Kurt Russell.

Thanks Woody

In your case I would create a thread describing, with pictures, how you weathered and sourced your components.

Halloween :) yey!

i had a question about this:

"Finally, post a SINGLE good, clear photo of your costume into the RPF Gallery under the Contests->2013-10-Halloween Contest folder. This entry photo CAN NOT have any photo manipulation in it (ie: Photoshop)."

so putting water marks on the picture prohibited?

thanks for answering and more power :)

I wouldn't suggest putting a watermark on your photo anyway as it would obstruct your costume for viewing and voting purposes. However, if anyone wants to put copyright information in the corner (ie: Photograph is the property of John Smith) I'll allow it. A reminder though, by submitting a photo in this contest you are giving the RPF full rights to use it in any way they deem fit whether it be to advertise the contest or otherwise.

Is there a Males in Costume Group category?

There is no group category this year. Feedback from last year showed that there was limited participation and the preference was to replace it with a "New members" category.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

YESSS! It is BACK! (y)cool

Edit: :lol I've been plotting and building a group costume all year, and I'm one day to long on the site to qualify for the "new member" catagory :facepalm :lol such is life!

Last edited:

YESSS! It is BACK! (y)cool

Edit: :lol I've been plotting and building a group costume all year, and I'm one day to long on the site to qualify for the "new member" catagory :facepalm :lol such is life!

:lol

Ya, anyone who had a look at our feedback thread shouldn't be surprised that the group category is gone. As for not being able to compete with the new members a lot of people would see that as an advantage. ;)

There was some concern last year that some new members were trying to game the system.

Hello,

I am ready to submit in the Female catagory. As for taking the photo of me in my costume that I am submitting, holding "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" sign, can I hold my costume up next to me with the sign? Putting my costume on is very difficult. It is a delicate costume, full of Lite Tape wiring everywhere inside the suit. I try to save putting it on only when I am wearing it to a Comic book conventions due to its delicate nature.

Hello,

I am ready to submit in the Female catagory. As for taking the photo of me in my costume that I am submitting, holding "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" sign, can I hold my costume up next to me with the sign? Putting my costume on is very difficult. It is a delicate costume, full of Lite Tape wiring everywhere inside the suit. I try to save putting it on only when I am wearing it to a Comic book conventions due to its delicate nature.

Yes, as long as we can clearly see what the costume is I'll allow that. Good luck!

Yes, as long as we can clearly see what the costume is I'll allow that. Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks so much! I just posted my entry and will add the photo of me holding the sign later tonight.

One more question. When the voting begins, only RPF members will be allowed to vote?

Thanks!

Last edited:

I'm in roughly the same boat, would it be okay if it was just the head/horns (which I can do myself) and not the full suit? Putting this on requires at least 2 handlers :-/

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back