Budget Marty McFly - Nike Air Force 1s repaint?

madmanmoe64

I've wanted to put together a nice '85 Mcfly costume for a few years now, and decided to go for it this Halloween.

I've been checking eBay for all the major parts. So far my only successful purchase is a paisley bandana for the jacket sleeve turn ups.

I want to spend as little as possible on this, but can realistically expect it to cost at least £60 .

The shoes are normally one of the big expenditures, If I found a nice substitute for £30 I might spend that, but so far nothing close enough.

So I decided to go second hand, and for whatever reason there are lots of white air force 1s on eBay for under £10

images

The sole is too thick and it has perforated leather panels and swoosh, but unless eBay turns up anything better in my size (UK12) they'll have to do.

As for the other parts, I've got a couple of different denim jackets on the way, which I'll stitch together, and I'll just have to camp out eBay until a passable orange vest shows up.

I found the same shoes for my McFly costume

Thanks, those look good, I think I'll grab a pair.

Did you do anything special with the paint? I don't want to spend £10+ on special leather paints if acrylic will do.

In other news I bought some black braces for £3 and after looking at the Magnoli replica, I've bought a new grey denim jacket, that I intend to sew bits of my blue denim shirt on to.

I just used a red permanent marker actually
I wasn't going for 100% accurate

Good to know. I might do that to start with and just upgrade, if and when something better comes along.

I'm watching a few pairs of trainers on eBay, still hoping to get something under £10 .

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back