1:1 TOM BAKER "Doctor Who" Bust

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
To mark Doctor Who's 50th anniversary I decided to have a crack at doing a Tom Baker bust. I started this project as part of a sculpture demo at a Sci Fi convention called Screen Con and its still in its very early stages.

Last edited:
Thanks! hopefully get thgis rendered in clear tinted resin for a more realistic skin tone. Any suggestions anywhere for quality wigs or Tom Baker cloths?

Doctor who cosplay has a lot of information on his costume and wig. There is a guy named HonoraryDoctor on the forum that has a "breakdown thread" showing the details on wigs and ALL his costumes. I have a costume already. I'm already picturing your bust on a manikin wearing my costume. Freaking awesome. I can't wait!!!

Heres a little update on Tom....

fl88.jpg

9dty.jpg

xwtu.jpg

Hurry up and take my money already. This looks really awesome!!! I think you've really captured him. He is my all time favorite hero, I can't wait till you finish. Absolutely brilliant work!!!

Cheers… Tom Baker is the personification of Doctor Who…. No other actor has come close and I think his likeness is the holly grail aswell… Although theres been some really good attempts in the past at getting his face right, none have been Quite there yet. Im hoping to unlock the complexity of his facial features and without having to reply to heavily on the fluffy big hair and scarf.

When I was a kid I liked it a lot. With few resources, as opposed to today, managed to create the illusion. And Tom Baker was the "crazy awesome" that made the magic scene. I've done a lot of laughs and I also experienced moments of suspens. Congratulations, because you were able to put the same madness in his expression. :)

Thanks… if I get a bit of time over Xmas I'm going to wrap this sculpt and make my first life-sized silicone bust :D

That is so awesome!!! If the licensed sculpture and figures are any indication he's hard to capture. You have truly nailed it. I hope you do a run of resin kits, because I really want this!!! I can already see this on my manikin in the costume!! Really awesome... time to start saving my money!!!!

That last photo looks amazing... love the bone structure under the skin and all the little details. First class likeness too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back