Mr Fusion Base Progress

ABS plastic. Took 18 hours and 40cubic inches of material with support and model combined. I am very happy with the results.

How it came out of the printer...

Taking off support material:

More after removing support material:

Bottoms up!:

I am in the process of drawing the librascope base. Printing that will be more of a challenge but I am very excited to be moving in the right direction with this project.

Very impressive. This 3D printing stuff is the future. Like anything else the cost will come down over time and in a decade everyone will have one in their house. For now I'm stuck making my base the old fashioned way. Thinking the MDF route will be the easiest but I'd love to weld one from metal. Hmm...

Last edited:
Biblical work mate, serious hard work and effort gone into that. I stand by my previous statement regarding the setup costs and initial manufacturing cost if needed.

I hope that you are putting some specific detail within the master copy so that it can be identified as your work. It would be a shame for you to do all this then some git to splash a mould and knock of cheap copy's on eBay.

Just watched the restoration of the hero car, which id never seen before. I wish they would do a UK tour with it, I would love to see it.

I am new here, but I have been looking for a Mr. Fusion base to use with my Krups grinder. Did anyone on here make a mold and would be willing to make a cast in it? I am obviously willing to pay. Please let me know!

Hi Dennis, where did this project get to? Are the plans available or even better do you have contacts to manufacture this part. I have been desperate for some time to locate this part for our replica.

thanks

Did this go anywhere? I am desperately trying to get a base to use for my Krups to make Mr. Fusion. I say Videobob's model on his site, but he has no latch for it which is kind of a big deal.

Long story short, the printed part is sitting on my shelf, life gets in the way sometimes. I looked into casting it but I don't have experience and that is a huge part. I never realized how expensive mold making materials cost.

Hi all. where i can find a measures complete for the MR FUSION? I want to make on but i've no all measures! Thx for your reply

SAM

Bumping this up because im curious if anyone ever finished anything. 3D printing this would be a huge task so hopefully if it ever happened there are casts of it!

I am also trying to find someone who made castings - with no luck yet.

Maybe there are some STL files somewhere around or someone willing to make the work public by any chance?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back