Zombie Makeup effects

runnothide

looking for some cheap zombie makeup effects, for a halloween costume, I am on a really tight budget so any cheap effects will help.
Thank you.

Tons of tutorials around. Quick and dirty though? Get a bottle of latex and some makeup. (Test that you're not allergic first)

Dab on a few layers of latex on, apply layer of makeup for overall skin tone, pull and tear holes in the latex skin and apply makeup to may the tears look like wounds.

Done it several times for cheap last minute costumes. This was roughly 5-10 minutes.

6ydyhu7u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last time I checked, Duo is just thickened latex, so if you have a latex allergy, stay away from Duo!

to my knowledge if you have an allergy to liquid latex, you can use multiple layers of PVA glue (often referred to as school glue) and layer it with single ply tissue or toilet paper to create the effect of realistic skin thickness, hope this helps

to my knowledge if you have an allergy to liquid latex, you can use multiple layers of PVA glue (often referred to as school glue) and layer it with single ply tissue or toilet paper to create the effect of realistic skin thickness, hope this helps

It won't stay for extended periods, but it's a very easy and cheap option. Just be prepared to have parts falling off randomly, especially if you use a liquid-based sort of fake blood in it. The moisture from the fake blood will cause the glue to break down faster. However, it's a very usable option! You might want to prepare to do touchups while wearing it.

Also it's the time of year when there are a lot of easily available and fairly cheap appliances you can buy at the stores. Party/Halloween USA should have some or even Walmart or other stores. Just watch what they are made out of. You will also want to do a spot check for spirit gum if you haven't before.

One other option is to use Rigid Collodion, which I have used in a pinch before. Instead of building 'up' as latex does, it builds down by pulling the skin. I'm lucky that there is a store not too far away that carries it in the store, it can otherwise be hard to find or you have to order online. Just underpaint it (I've had good results using just purple and black eyeliners and rubbing them on the skin before applying the Rigid Collodion) and then add in fake blood over it. It's mainly used for scars and wounds but can make some pretty horrible zombie makeup as well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back