1:1 Scale Good Guy Chucky Doll FINISHED!!!!

Re: BUILD THREAD: 1:1 Scale Good Guy Chucky Doll

Why did you change the cowboy hat on the sole, The medicom hat almost looks like the screenused one.

Laziness. The cowboy hat I used is the one I drew for the overalls and I didn't want to invert the hatband graphic to create a negative imprint. I still think the overall impression of mine is closer to the real deal.

Why did you change the cowboy hat on the sole, The medicom hat almost looks like the screenused one.

this is so amazing of a build! iv been looking for a good guy replica for so long. was never happy with the ones iv seen out on market and if i did the price was too much for things that slightly bothered me. i own the sideshow seed of chucky doll its great for the price i payed b4 he went up in value. and thought he can be lil better its all iv had of a good guy but THIS is a work of art! cant wait to see the final product. :D

Absolutely bowled over, quite possibly the best Chucky replica i've seen to date - Hat's off to you sir!

I've just received my Mezzo replica and whilst i love it, i do wish it was a little bigger (only stands around 15") - i may at some point get around to making a full size one myself, but funding is always an issue!!

Shoes turned out great, was inverting the shoe sole design from screen used a conscious decision to make them easier to laser cut? I'd imagine having the good guys text as individual pieces a complete pain in the rear end.

Shoes turned out great, was inverting the shoe sole design from screen used a conscious decision to make them easier to laser cut? I'd imagine having the good guys text as individual pieces a complete pain in the rear end.

I thought the same thing at first, but after studying the photo of the original sole I came to the conclusion that it just LOOKS as if it's inverted because the shadows are odd. If you look at it from the side it makes more sense and doesn't look so inverted any more.

holy crap loving this build. I just watched Childs Play last night. Childs Play is one of my favorite movies.

I thought the same thing at first, but after studying the photo of the original sole I came to the conclusion that it just LOOKS as if it's inverted because the shadows are odd. If you look at it from the side it makes more sense and doesn't look so inverted any more.

Ah, Spot on, i see it now, the lighting is coming from the bottom of the pic throwing the detail shadows, giving them inverted depth - I also saw the lighter dust as wear on the sole, i can see now that it is inside the hollow of the recessed pattern!! - What a dingus!:facepalm

How did you keep all the seperate laser cut pieces from sliding out of place before molding? For instance the centers of the the "O"'s would be a a pain to keep centered in place when trying to glue it down to a new sheet of plastic for molding. What was your approach there?

32_goodguysoles.jpg

Attachments

• 32_goodguysoles.jpg
    32_goodguysoles.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 244

Are you going to trap somebody's soul in it when you're done?

Haha. Yes! I've been brushing up on my voo doo spells.

In regards to the sole, yes it's just the shadows that are making you think it's inverted. I flipped the screen-used photo upside down so the lighting is coming from the bottom now and I think psychologically since we're used to seeing lighting come from overhead, so it's making you think the relief is inverted. Weird.

But the way I did it is the same as the screen-used sole with the exception of a few details like that hat band.

As for how I glued all those tiny pieces in place, the person who laser cut them for me kept the negative pieces in place and there was masking tape on the top acting as a sort of transfer paper. I picked out the negative pieces and the positives were still stuck to the tape in the correct orientation. I then applied spray adhesive and glued the whole thing to a piece of styrene. When the spray adhesive cured enough, I just peeled off the masking tape and everything was in place.

Those shoes turned out Perfect !
Could You make some Good Guy shoes in size 9-1/2 ?
I would so totally wear those.

If you've been wondering how I draft a sewing pattern, here is a really quick and incomplete tutorial. This is how I created a pattern for the overalls more or less.

First, I found a cheap pair of toddler pants from the discount store. I try to find something where the general seams match up. I then cut it up at rougly the lines I want the seams to be on. The bits of white material stitched to the top are extension pieces because the pants need to be a little higher to connect to the bib piece of the overalls:

32_cutuppants.jpg

After that, I trace the pieces onto cardboard. I then:

A) Clean up the lines so they are neat
B) Make sure mathematically with a ruler that the seams on each piece that will connect to other pieces are the same length. And adjust all dimensions accordingly.
C) Add 1/2" seam allowance all around the pattern
D) Cut out cardboard pieces

32_tracedpattern.jpg

I then mock up the entire garment in muslin fabric and use a highly visible color thread to see the stitching:

32_pockettest.jpg

Here I'm practicing the double stitch around the bib:

32_sewingmuslin.jpg

Sewing the elastic waistband:

32_elasticwaistband.jpg

After mocking up the entire garment in muslin, I test fit it. Usually there's a few things that need to be adjusted. In this case, the waist was a little too tight. I adjusted the pattern slightly and also loosened the elastic, which was too tight.

32_patternadjustment.jpg

The fit is much better now. Legs need to be tailored a little bit, but overall this pattern works fine:

32_standingtest.jpg

And a seated test just to make sure he can sit down:

32_seatedtest.jpg

That's all for now. Now to make the final garment in printed corduroy.

I am assuming you will be making the box too right? OCD...

This is awesome. I've been dying to get a 1:1 chucky in my collection forever! Love the work you put into this!
mike

Un-be-leeeeevable work! I want to embezzle some money so I can buy one of these off of you!

I finished the overalls this weekend. I could not find an accurate colored corduroy in the correct wale, so I custom dyed it. The screen-used cord was about 16 wale and was medium blue. Corduroy is very difficult to color match because it photographs very differently depending on the lighting conditions. The velvet fibers catch the light and make it seem much lighter than it really is. That's why the overalls in the movie look light at times, and other times very dark.

32_colortest.jpg

I also could be wrong about this, but the overalls in CP1 looked darker than the ones in CP2. I opted for the slightly darker look as I think it looks better.

I ended up purchasing a 16 wale corduroy that was sort of a light blue/aqua. I tinted 2 yards of it in my washing machine with 1 bottle of RITT Royal Blue and 1/2 cup RITT Fuchsia. That formula gave me an appropriate sky blue shade and helped neutralize the green in the fabric a little bit.

I applied the plastisol transfers with my heat press and they worked perfectly! Corduroy is very textured, so I was afraid they might not apply very well, but they ended up going on without a hitch:

32_corduroypress.jpg

I didn't bother documenting the sewing process since I covered that pretty well with the development of the pattern. Here are the overalls finished. I consider this a prototype. I'm going to make some slight adjustments to the pattern on my next set. I think the overall straps should be about 1/4" thinner:

32_overalls2.jpg

I shortened the red collar on the shirt a little. It was too high (you can still see the original collar height in the last picture of this thread since I took that picture earlier)

32_wannaplay2.jpg

The wig is temporary because I finally received my samples from the good folks at National Fiber Tech!!! This is the same company that made the wigs for the original Chucky dolls:

32_nft.jpg

This is the same modacrylic fiber that his hair was originally made from and it has a very unique texture. It's very straight, but has lots of volume like Chucky's original hair. All the wigs I found are silky, meant to simulate human hair, so they lay much flatter. I'm very happy with this little discovery because the texture and color are perfect--the last piece of the puzzle:

32_accuratehair.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back