1:1 Scale Good Guy Chucky Doll FINISHED!!!!

Re: BUILD THREAD: 1:1 Scale Good Guy Chucky Doll

I will be looking forward to your tutorial on the clothing :) If these ever become for sale, and I can't afford one...I would die :'(

If I would purchase a head, of course if available....how much would you charge to do the spray paint on it? I am terrible on props, lol. I mean, of course if you would be willing to do it of course...me and my bad manners.

Damn dude how the hell did you learn how to create such an accurate replica of Chucky?!? This doll is spot on. Great job. I don't like the dolls made by medicom or dreamrush. They don't look like the chucky doll from the first 3 movies. Yours is a 1000x better then those :)

Man your Chucky is looking great! I had a chep replica of the stitched up Chucky(Seed of Chucky?) that I used to leave on our guest bedroom bed, and then move it about the room when we actually had a guest staying in there lol. I wish mine looked as awesome as this one though.

How you drew the eyes in genius. I love it. Over all, this is an impressive project.

How much would coinprop charge to make another head and how much would you need to spray paint it and do the hair? I wouldn't be able to create this if my life depended on it lol. So I was hoping I could get a head thats similar to yours and then buy the chucky doll from spencers and just replace the head.

Made a mold of my shoe upper. The laser cut pieces for the sole arrived as well, but I'll take a picture once I sculpt them into the sole:

32_shoemold.jpg

One of my custom knit fabrics arrived. I got fabric knit by two different people and I'm going to put the one I like best on my own doll. I think this one looks pretty great though. I'm going for the way the colors looked in CP1. The green looked a little darker and the light gray was more of a powder blue. It may just be the way it was photographed, but whatever the case, I think it looks pretty good. Definitely better than the dream rush, which was just a printed fabric, and the medicom which made the white stripes too thick.

A note about sewing knits like this. You have to stitch all the way around every pattern piece, otherwise when you cut them out, they will unravel. Or at least that's what I was told and I wasn't willing to take any chances since it was rather pricey to get this stuff made:

32_goodguyknit.jpg

Here's the sweater assembled:

32_sweater1.jpg

It splits in the back with a velcro closure just like the screen-used doll:

32_sweaterback.jpg

And one last one of the full sweater and a little comparison pic. It's coming along nicely. I've never done a single prop project that required so many different skills before (sculpting, hard-edged modeling, painting, sewing, hair styling...).

32_fullsweater.jpg

Soooooo good. :thumbsup The custom knit fabric looks amazing and your sewing skills look fantastic too (as does your hair styling)!

This is the 27.6" mannequin I posted up: Child Flexible Bendable Full Body Form 6M Manikin CH06M | eBay

This also looks similar (size wise) but is a little wider and has no head: Child Flexible Bendable Body Dress Form Mannequin 6mo | eBay

And the screen used Chucky head is quite a bit bigger than the Spencers doll's head (I have both). It would look really odd with the cast head on the Spencers body.

Damn there goes my plan. I guess I'll have to get the mannequin from the pics above if I'm lucky enough to get a replica Chucky head.

Looks Great!!
Though.. The "green/blue/red" pattern stops short at the shoulder leaving out that last red stripe + a snip of the pink..and it stands-out in the comp pic.
not that its a problem overall, but, you have gone to so much trouble.. that I figure you would not get any sleep until you redo the sleeves :lol

Haha. Actually, there isn't a lot of consistency amongst the screen-used sweaters I've examined. So I didn't worry too much about where the stripes landed as they seem to vary quite a bit.

However, I'll be making more of these, so I'll do at least one that looks like that pic.

Looks Great!!
Though.. The "green/blue/red" pattern stops short at the shoulder leaving out that last red stripe + a snip of the pink..and it stands-out in the comp pic.
not that its a problem overall, but, you have gone to so much trouble.. that I figure you would not get any sleep until you redo the sleeves :lol

Also Is "Foam" the proper name for what you used for the arms, and is the Foam wrapped around the arm on the right the same stuffing inside of the doll skin on the arm to the left?

Great work Ryan! Cant wait to see the doll finished.

What material is the shirt made out of??

It's custom knit acrylic.

Also Is "Foam" the proper name for what you used for the arms, and is the Foam wrapped around the arm on the right the same stuffing inside of the doll skin on the arm to the left?

I think you'd call it upholstery foam. I had it leftover from another project.

BTW, How are you attaching the head to the rest of the body?

There's an armature running through my doll and I ran a plastic pipe through the spine up through the head for support. The doll body also has a collar sewn into it and I can run a wire through it and tighten it around the neck in order to connect it to the body.

Small update tonight (been busy lately and haven't had much time for this). As I said before, I got the sole relief patterns laser cut in plastic based on vector artwork I drew. I sculpted them into left and right soles and made a mold:

32_goodguysoles.jpg

32_solemold.jpg

I tinted the resin red for these pulls. Even though I'm going to paint them, sharp undercuts and relief patterns are really hard to paint. If the resin was white, you'd see white outlines in all the corners unless I really soaked it with paint. But then you lose detail and risk getting drips and orange peels:

32_solepulls.jpg

I painted the uppers and mated them to the soles:

32_paintedshoes.jpg

32_paintedbottoms.jpg

A little comparison of my shoes, a screen-used sole, and the medicom shoe. I tried to make mine more accurate, but also sort of cleaned-up and idealized. The screen-used looks a little messy:

32_shoecomparison.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back