Female Street Judge Build WIP

It's no problem for me to redraw them, I'm just not sure how they aren't large for everyone else like they are for me. Was trying to warn everyone they were big, but apparently it's just me? lol I have not tried the others yet.
Suggestion for scaling them correctly without a lot of hassle......figure the percentage of difference between stated size and printed size, then, using a copy machine (or go to a copy store) with an enlargement/reduction function and scale it the same percentage...presto, correct size plans.:)

Not much to show on Dredd costume progress, but here is a shot of the finished form with my judge jacket on it:

attachment.php

I stuffed it with two 16 oz (I think) bags of PolyFill, it could use at least part of a 3rd bag at the bottom if I was going all out.

I absolutely must find some faux leather this weekend as I have to use it in the neck roll, gauntlets, knees/elbows possibly, inside the vest to tack down strapping and I would like to find something (a separate one) that would work on the boots as the rough black that's worn and looks grayish rough suede.

I am ordering some gloves that will look the part, either driving glove so I get a really tight fit so it's easy to grip things or a hard knuckle with greeblies so it looks more like the movie glove, haven't decided. I am making the gauntlets. Anyone know what size the strap is? I need to get the D rings for it.

No real progress on vest, not much on armor.

I spray painted the spoon and top part of what's going to be my gas grenade black this evening.

Plan to do a lot this weekend and order several things online.

Attachments

• finishedform.jpg
    finishedform.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,164
Hope your still on track with your build... only a couple of week left before halloween ....

Do you have updates on how you will be building the neck guard of your vest? Planning to make one but I have no idea what techniques needed to sew the leather to create the ripple form..

1010540_10151684055345340_1024124801_n.jpg

For the strapping you can take a look at this page:

Dredd - Armored Vest

I already have these details. What I need is the sewing process to build the collar. HeyLetsRock posted before that she know's how to do it.
Anyway, thanks for the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Dredd - Armored Vest

I already have these details. What I need is the sewing process to build the collar. HeyLetsRock posted before that she know's how to do it.

Dredd - Armored Vest

That does have helpful info on the vest, nice to see it all in one place, thanks!

I certainly don't already know the sewing process on the collar, I believe what I had mentioned was that I could do the ribbing with faux leather and my foam material I already have. Sewing will be trial and error, as long as I can find some suitable faux leather, my mother said she would help me figure it out this weekend. She is far better at sewing than I, but hasn't made anything like it either. I will try to take some photos of the process so if it works out I will have them.

:th
That does have helpful info on the vest, nice to see it all in one place, thanks!

I certainly don't already know the sewing process on the collar, I believe what I had mentioned was that I could do the ribbing with faux leather and my foam material I already have. Sewing will be trial and error, as long as I can find some suitable faux leather, my mother said she would help me figure it out this weekend. She is far better at sewing than I, but hasn't made anything like it either. I will try to take some photos of the process so if it works out I will have them.

Thanks. I will be checking your thread daily for updates :thumbsup

Found this in one of the threads, hope can give you an idea...

1267213_10151577051197471_883241870_o.jpg

if you dont mind it not being 100% accurate you can do the same as me!
IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

I used black corduroy and pleather to make mine as I had no perforated leather and I didnt have time to make my own ribbed leather :(
if you like i have a pepakura file for the templates to make the collar that i can send you :)

Hey guys,

Haven't forgotten about this thread, but I am working very hard at getting this costume Halloween ready and still have a lot to do. I have been taking photos of everything I've been doing, but have not had time to post since I'm working on the costume and posting requires extra time, photo resizing, etc.

I will update the thread with several posts on the items I am working on now after I have the costume ready, so most likely the weekend after Halloween.

My badge with my last name, my breaching mine and my belt buckle, all made of resin, came in and look great. My unfinished helmet came in as well and now has the flashing cut out and needs the priming/painting. The last of the items I couldn't find local should be in from Amazon on Monday. I also bought a used pair of V2 (version 4 is out now) leather Dredd gloves by LeatherNext, they should be in Monday or Tuesday.

Working on many other things I don't have time to fully list. Hope everyone else that is planning on being ready for Halloween is doing well on their costume!

Just like to thank you for your thread!! It has helped alot in making my wife's costume as well! Thanks a bunch still keeping an eye!
ryjyha5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back