Hasbro conversion : X-WING FIGHTER Studio Scale Design 03-06-2014

Homecine

*** UPDATE 03-06-2014 - Hasbro X-WING FIGHTER conversion ***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some pictures of my latest Hasbro toy conversion : TIE FIGHTER KOOLSHADE EDITION
It's the thrid TIE-Fighter converison that I've done. Maybe a V4.0 Version is coming next year ;)

This conversion is still not 100% movie accurate, but imho for now my best collector piece.

What I've done with this Hasbro toy:

- *new* "3 part" wings with real "KOOLSHADE" material (with 18 louvres per inch)
- *new* custom designed cockpit with LED floor ilumination
- *new* added missing joints / grooves on the hull
- more realistic cockpit window with all new "screw holes"
- LED ion engine lights
- "visible" engine parts
- lots of details added at the wings and the fuselage
- decals added
- "LED-design" laser canons
- stainless steel design base
- complete new repaint

Much more pics here: TIE FIGHTER 3.0 - MAXX-REPLICAS
and a "making of" here (German language only but some pics) : TIE FIGHTER V3.0 - MAXX-REPLICAS

v12qy0n.jpg

P8t7uRm.jpg

dKXdDkx.jpg

wPwGurZ.jpg

cm8GVxt.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Last edited:
Re: Hasbro TIE FIGHTER conversion - KOOLSHADE Edition - Youtube-Video - 12-31-2013

Very cool build! Real Koolshade on a Hasbro, wow.

Re: Hasbro TIE FIGHTER conversion - KOOLSHADE Edition - Youtube-Video - 12-31-2013

Zeer gud, fantastique, impressive and yes real Koolshade on a Hasbro...I say: why the hell not!:cool

Hasbro TIE FIGHTER conversion - Battle Damaged Version - 01-11-2014

Here's my latest "update" for this Hasbro model : TIE-FIGHTER Battle Damaged Version

The idea was to "reconstruct" the 1976 battle damaged TIE-Fighter from ILM which was used
in the trench run scene (the one which hits Vaders X1 TIE Fighter). The original model was sold
in 2008 for $ 400.500,00 !!! Here some informations about this auction:

On August 1st, (2008) a prime piece of Star Wars history hit the auction block. An original Tie-Fighter miniature model used in the
Death Star battle scenes of "A New Hope" sold for an incredible final bid of $402,500.00 at the Profiles in History's Hollywood auction...

...included are two original camera reports, dated December 15, 1976, describing the technical details of the shooting day on which this
model was filmed. The scene is labeled "417" and entitled, "Vader ***** Out"; "Edlund" is listed as the cameraman. Also included is a color
image of this model on its rigging in front of a blue screen as it was shot for the film...

Many more pictures of my conversion here: TIE FIGHTER 3.1 - MAXX-REPLICAS

M6Ew8yM.jpg

DGmrfyn.jpg

bJ9ElAu.jpg

7z1kosM.jpg

Re: Hasbro TIE FIGHTER conversion - Battle Damaged Version - 01-11-2014

That's fantastic. I just wish Hasbro produced a damaged wing like that.

Re: Hasbro TIE FIGHTER conversion - Battle Damaged Version - 01-11-2014

You're a machine:eek Beautiful:cool As much as I came back again and again on your 1st transfo, now I'll have 2 TIE to view. Those Koolshades are the beast!

Today I want to introduce you my latest Hasbro mod: X-WING FIGHTER Studio Scale Desgin

More pictures here : https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAXX-Replicas/238809979605577
and much more here (also a lot of detail photos) : X-WING FIGHTER II - MAXX-REPLICAS

What I've done with the Hasbro X-Wing:

- original studio scale X-Wing cockpit added
- fibre optic cockpit illumination
- LED engine illumination
- several original studio scale X-Wing detail-parts added
- fuselage reworked
- Landing gear bays closed
- "double-layer" wings
- more detailed laser canons
- new X-foiled "plug-in" mechanism
- new, custom made cockpit canopy
- complete new paint- and weathering job
- stainless steel design display stand (6.5 kg)

A Youtube video of this model is coming soon... ;)

SmoVKF1.jpg

DgkT54U.jpg

ffkgdD7.jpg

3EIEvlz.jpg

Is there a likely hood you might offer conversion kits? I've got a few of these lying around. Potf versions. Is this the same version of toy u used? Amazing btw!!!!! Well done.

Regards
t
a
z

MAXX-Replicas, I been following your conversions for 2 years awesome job on that TIE. Didn't you do a conversion on the legacy Falcon?

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Imperial Shuttle conversion! I bought one because I seen what you did with it. Mine is all tore apart and sanding off the soft details. It's the same size as the studio miniature.

Excellent work.

I was curious if your Youtube vid would show how you made the Xwing laser cannons, and materials used.

I am a noob customizer and lack the skills for the beauty you created, but I'd like to try and upgrade the lasers.

Thanks

Many thanks for your comments :)

Excellent work.
I was curious if your Youtube vid would show how you made the Xwing laser cannons, and materials used.
I am a noob customizer and lack the skills for the beauty you created, but I'd like to try and upgrade the lasers.
Thanks

You can find a lot of "making of" pictures on my website: http://maxx-replicas.jimdo.com/making-of/x-wing-fighter/

@TazVader: sorry, but I've not planed to offer a conversion kit. For this conversion I've used the new "Bigg's Vintage" version, but this model
is similar (not the same - Hasbro made a complete new mold for this 2014 model) to the "old" large X-Wing versions from Hasbro.

Last edited:
Let me apologize up front about rehashing a post from over a year ago, but I am currently starting a Hasbro X-Wing conversion and was curious as to if anyone sold castings similar to what was used here by Maxx Replicas. I see where someone asked if he offered a conversion kit that included these casts/parts, which apparently he doesn't, so I wasn't sure if anyone else might be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I recently got a Hasbro TLC Target TIE and it's not exactly Studio Scale, according to the dimension I have. I didn't know this when I bought mine. I assumed 'not 100% movie accurate' meant some details weren't exact.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back